Is Jim Cramer a Hypocrite, shyster, just plain stupid, or is he a genius

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Jun 4, 2005.

1. He is kinda like Howard Beal.

#31     Jun 5, 2005
  2. the thing I really hate about cramer, is that he lectures people about being stupid for buying in market orders, and that a few years ago he was saying buying mania stocks. He said sell, but it was in the last minute I didnt see a giant gaint post that said sell did I no. Only alittle post and thats it. And this guy thinks we should put social security in the stock market, hes nuts.

#32     Jun 5, 2005
  3. Geezer

Geezer

I know the guy, personally he's an asshole.

I remember the suck job he did on Dick Grasso when Grasso was caught with his hand, [well his whole weird little body] in the cookie jar? Cramer was totally disgusting. Ugh.

One old guys opinion, since you asked for it.

#33     Jun 5, 2005
  4. I didnt like the way Jim also dumped on grasso. A few weeks before jim was phrasing grasso like crazy. Then he dumped the guy like he was next weeks trash. Not b/c grasso did a crime, but because he was unpopular. This tells you alot about a guy who would dump on a guy just because the guy is unpopular.

#34     Jun 5, 2005
  5. I find it interesting to listen to Cramers opening to the show. I actually think he has a very good understanding of how some funds think, operate and trade.

Why anyone would want to follow his trading advice, that's a whole other story :)

#35     Jun 6, 2005
  6. You are right. And SHLD (KMRT) was a fluke.

I hear the fluke are biting today, go fishing.

#36     Jun 6, 2005
  7. If you are defending Greaso, then I'd say you aren't too bright.

#37     Jun 6, 2005
  8. \
    Is that what you're doing pal? I hope you're using protection. And I don't mean puts.

#38     Jun 6, 2005
  9. wOg

wOg

What is tricky is that Cramer often has valuable insights about how the market works (or, rather, how guys like him used to play the market). That kind of thing is interesting to me.

Too bad he doesn't do his shows regularly with his wife. Their strategy during the hedge fund days, which Cramer admits, is that he would come up with ideas (interesting companies, CEOs who impressed him, cool products, whatever) and Karen Cramer would plot the best entries and exits. She was a pure technician.

The two of them together would be entertaining--and helpful for listeners.

#39     Jun 6, 2005
  10. yenzen

yenzen

I hope JC at least sent you a Mad Money t-shirt for all the shilling you do for him.

Senor Zen

#40     Jun 6, 2005