Is Jim Cramer a Hypocrite, shyster, just plain stupid, or is he a genius

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Err.., that is one massive assumption.
    Then again I don't complain about the dude, he is free to do as he chooses...

rESpekT

#11     Jun 5, 2005
  2. pab007

pab007

Cramer is king of entertainment trading! Radio and a tv show 3 times a night. A marketing machine, who needs trading when all that is working.

#12     Jun 5, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Yeah if he was any good at trading he would have a net worth of way more than the $300million that he has.

Brandon

#13     Jun 5, 2005
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it is well know that his wife does all the trading.

#14     Jun 5, 2005
  5. zdreg

zdreg

have you lost all sense of proportion or are just trying to be humorous

#15     Jun 5, 2005
  6. toc

toc

Good and successful traders are more busy trading and fine tuning their operations rather than coming on TV and Radio shows and acting like a drunk babooon.

If you shout 20 calls and 1 of them hit the mark, that does not make you genius. No one takes this blabber mouth seriously.

#16     Jun 5, 2005
  7. brandon, quit spamming this board

#17     Jun 5, 2005
  8. zdreg

zdreg

just like donald trump with his apprentice
    show. i doubt very much that anybody who parties like a money is excellent at anything. you might be an exception.:)

ps just to make it clear.
    donald trump took his tv show venture serious enough to make it a top ranked show. he gets paid handsomely for each episode and the show is an extremely cost effective way
    of promoting the trump brand.

perhaps cramer is trying in his own to replicate trump's performance

#18     Jun 5, 2005
  9. Leisure

Leisure

I think too many people (traders) are looking for a sure firing system without wanting to put in much effort. Inevitably they turn to others for suggestions and advices, thinking someone's going to hand them a money making strategy. Two problems here. My biggest suspicion is that why anyone would tell you anything on how to make money if they know something. I wouldn't. Would you? Secondly, given a sound strategy, two people may perform vastly different from each other due to their differences in risk tolerance, capital base, time horizon and etc.

I don't watch Cramer or anyone else, but I've heard enough about him that I can tell you that he's an exciting TV personality. He may make or lose money for people. But the key question is "can you make money off him?" Too many people look for good calls from others, I just look for consistency if I ever decide to listen to others. A bad analyst is the one that goes 50/50 all the time, a good analyst is the one that right or wrong, is consistent. A winning strategy is one that makes you money or one that always loses money for you...then FLIP AROUND and go the other way.

Cramer is too much of a showman to be a genius, but he can't be all that stupid either. After all, CNBC has to maintain its credibility, however little there is left. I heard from others that he makes good calls and bad calls. He is no value too me since he's not consistent.

#19     Jun 5, 2005
  10. j1900q

j1900q

I do not like to watch Jim at all. That said, he does a great job of getting people hyped up, and that is where he makes his money. Most of these people make their money selling advice to the public, not trading. That is fine. No need to get jealous, or angry. Thats what they love to do, as much as we love to trade. I would not call Brandon's post spamming, his blog is free. I think lots of folks will find his methods straight up. Have a great day.
    Keith

#20     Jun 5, 2005