Is Jack Hershey abusing ET?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bighog, Mar 25, 2007.

1. I find Jack's contributions an incredible gift.

Sad to hear others aren't able to appreciate his work. Probably later.

#51     Mar 26, 2007
  2. I have read numerous of his posts, both recent and older, but never found anything of value in it, for the sole reason that it was never substantiated.
    Saying eg. that you should exit a long when you strategy implies taking a short, and vv. is in itself very obvious.
    Stating the obvious without ANY proof of concept is iritating.
    Using 20-fold the number of words I used above, and above all the type of words, is downright charlatanistic.

I think the man suffers from a psychic illness that brings feelings of grandiosity.

Unclear messages with unclear wording and with connotations of being the final truth are the warning signs of a dangerous kind of guru; the kind that leads his followers to doom.

This is just my opinion and I learned to recognize his threads and ignore these. But when someone asks a simple question about how to improve a part of HIS strategy, I'm very disturbed when again and again JH comes in to tell that his whole approach is old-fashioned and should be changed to some vague conceptual vision thing stuff.
    That is just self-centered and off-topic. This happens very often, and therefore I would request him to abstain from interfering in others' threads.

Ursa..

#52     Mar 26, 2007
  3. Well, in this case it was to be expected. And I would broaden the class of threads where he is allowed to interfere with those threads that are about him.

Ursa..

#53     Mar 26, 2007
  4. I did not mean people in general; this rule would only apply to you of course. I thought that was obvious.

Man o man, there MUST be a simpler way to say this, whatever it means. Djeez!!!

Ursa..

#54     Mar 26, 2007
  5. See your point.

Too bad for you, you can't see his.

Good luck!

#55     Mar 26, 2007
  6. Perhaps Hershey and his followers are only doing what they do out of the goodness of their hearts with no motive to scrounge up new followers or new business.

That is a possibility...

However, the amount of time they all spend in defending their actions, trying to influence public opinion in their favor and being overall defensive, does give an independent observer (I have no stake in their game one way or the other) cause to wonder what is the possible hidden agenda...

I have met very few people in life, not to even mention the financial industry and financial services industry (which is filled with snake oil salesmen who prey upon the greed of would be traders and investors) who were so altruistic that they devoted so much time to helping others, who had not already renounced the worldly gains that come from something like trading...

A Mother Theresa and Gandhi of traders...me thinks is not amongst us...

#56     Mar 26, 2007
  7. Do you believe I have a pony tail?? What did I do to prove and substantiate that?

#57     Mar 26, 2007
  8. Nothing. You just remind me of some other guys that think it unneeded to express themselves clearly and imply that people should put effort in understanding them instead of the other way around.
    One of them, in a village close by, sells paintings to bus-loads of old ladies who think he is a great artist and by keeping it vague talking the talk he ampifies that impression of a 'great abstract painter'. In fact even I can see that he knows nothing nada about art. It's all copy-cat wannabee stuff.
    And he has a ponytail. Nothing further, sorry about that.

Do you? :)

Ursa..

#58     Mar 26, 2007
  9. man

man

let's face it. those who feel jack should leave have a problem. they
    have not found the ignore function. or they are addicted to what
    they don't like. leave the guy alone. turn of the station if you don't
    want to hear it. in other words: grow up.

#59     Mar 27, 2007
    #60     Mar 27, 2007