Is J. Cramer's stint at CNBC over?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by garfangle, Jan 13, 2004.

1. dfuang

dfuang

I think he's a valuable market commentator and he does show his exact track record via real money. I think his enthusiasm and tell it like it is style are a refresing change from all the sheep on television that loves stocks at their top and pan stocks that are at their bottom. He seems to be out in front and that's real value to me. Just my 2 cents...

#11     Jan 13, 2004
  2. shfly

shfly

could put his stock ownership in theStreet.com into some kind of trust, managed by outsiders, just like President Bush and several cabinet members.

This would also be a good excuse to stop the stock picking at RM.com, through his Action Alert portfolio...

:cool:

#12     Jan 13, 2004
  3. Am I missing something here? Isn't the key phrase "individual ownership of stocks"? He doesn't have to give up his tout service, he just can't own them himself. He'll be no different than all those mutual fund managers and analysts who tout their stocks, but for some reason don't own any of them.

#13     Jan 13, 2004
  4. shfly

shfly

AAA,

you're right, he'll go on touting Action Alert...:D

:cool:

#14     Jan 13, 2004
  5. I would love to see an hour-long discussion between Jim Cramer and Chris Matthews just once.... I think the over/under on interruptions would be set at 200!

#15     Jan 13, 2004
  6. Cramer is absent from today's K&C...premonition?

#16     Jan 13, 2004
  7. he's in chicago given some kind of speech. this is why he's not showing up on k&c.

it'd be interesting to see how this unfolds, but they may treat him differently than a direct employee.

#17     Jan 13, 2004
  8. That's what we need, more folks that tell YOU what to do with YOUR money but keep thiers in a lockbox buried in the backyard.

This rule should apply to news staff only, not STOCK FREAKIN PICKERS.

As long as all positions are disclosed, I don't care what Cramer, or any other ANALYST owns. Maria, and the rest are a different story, as they are assumed to IMPARTIAL at all times, and could not be if they OWN STOCK.

Now you Cramer bashers crawl back under your rocks

#18     Jan 13, 2004
  9. MRWSM

MRWSM

I like the fact that Cramer's not afraid to tell you what exactly he thinks, whether right or wrong.

Most of these other bozo's on TV keep saying when asked about the direction of the market= "This is a stock pickers market". LOL Good line when you don't know WTF is going to happen.

#19     Jan 13, 2004
  10. I'm so happy if that ego-centric jerk is gone. good riddance to him, and his stock picks were awful. he used cnbc to tout the his and the street.com's agenda.

#20     Jan 13, 2004