Is it worth trading outside RTH?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cuddles, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

The volume is garbage and the spread ridiculous. No momentum at all so it flips on you with zero warning. Feels like a bagholder/loser's game.

Thoughts?

cvds16 likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

there are quite a few futures which are highly tradable outside RTH.
    eg NQ, Natural gas, Nikkei....
    at times, even soya futures could be traded outside RTH.

volume is very decent, and spread is very good.
    I trade these everyday during and outside RTH.

The experts normally say don't trade these outside RTH.

comagnum and happyscalpie like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

Live intra-day trading is a losing game for the majority, even within RTH, so outside those times is just making a hard game harder.

Holding long-term positions is fine as long as stops aren't silly narrow. But running positions and pending orders on forex across the start of the week's trading in Asia is asking for trouble from opening gaps.

cvds16 likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Maybe I should've clarified, I'm talking stocks. I understand futures and fx have a different trading "schedule" per se

5. jonahern

jonahern

depends on if it suits you as a trader...some don't feel like it's worth it, some do.

6. Why the hell create the thread then? Sounds like you already have your answer

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm a relative noob and could just be noob perspective.

8. themickey

themickey

@8328 posts!
    Maybe decrease the posting ratio to research.
    :)

9. themickey

themickey

Maybe this will help, overnight futures often move away from the closing price substantially and as time gets nearer toward the next day's open, the futures most often will track back toward where it was on the previous day's close.
    If you think there is anything valid in trading outside RTH, this would be it.

10. Than can be true and breakout trades are good on the US indices in the early morning hours.

#10     Dec 28, 2018