Is it worth it to switch from MB to IB ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by uniafly, May 24, 2006.

1. uniafly

uniafly

I am sorry what do you mean by saying "cater to the indicator of the month guy" ? Though I live in the US but English is a second language for me..

#21     May 27, 2006
  2. dude, its $7 a month or whatever. If you had as many users as QT, you'd be very happy if 10% paid that.

More money than you'll ever see trading I'll betcha.

#22     May 28, 2006
  3. mktman

mktman

Dude
    $7 a month.
    Gotta be awesome software at that price.

#23     May 28, 2006

4. It is.

#24     May 28, 2006
  5. Dont you get like two days worth of intraday data, something like that if i remember. I know I downloaded it and their was something about the amount of data displayed that turned me away. Now mind you that was 4-5 years ago.

Bottom line if your a professional trader and a constantly profitable one, well you can right off your software expense and many other expenses. Form an entity and right off all expenses that led up to the creation of that entity, just make sure you saved your receipts.

If you just want to dabble in the markets and really dont turn much of a profit, or just like to pretend your a trader, then QT is fine. Other wise use what you like and right it off. Just like any other business, trading is a business treat it like one.

#25     May 28, 2006
  6. mktman

mktman

Nice post

#26     May 28, 2006
  7. myminitrading - Registered QuoteTracker users can have up to 10 days on intraday charts. 2 day restriction is for the UN-Registered version

mktman - We prefer to make a little bit of thousands of users rather than a larger chunk from a much smaller user base. If you feel that the price of the software defines the quality, then maybe you should get CQG and a Bloomberg terminal. I bet that will really improve your trading.

We get quite a few coverts from other programs. Most convert because they like the software, regardless of price. The only argument you gave against QT is it's price. For most people, that is a nice plus, not a detriment. If you would prefer, I would be glad to charge you $100 per month for the use of the software.

#27     May 28, 2006
  8. mktman

mktman

Now thats a great way to regain the confidence of a user from years ago.

Jerry, I have followed your posts for years. Always had great respect for you.

Sorry to see you feel it necessary to post in this manner; especially from someone like you.

#28     May 28, 2006
  9. Not sure what manner you are referring to. All I was basically trying to point out that you should judge based on the functionality, not the cost of the software.

#29     May 28, 2006
  10. I think for a beginner learning technical analisys and following the market QT is a good idea during the first 2 years keep costs low. After you become more confident in your abilities, step up to something else if you prefer.

#30     May 28, 2006