Is it worth it to switch from MB to IB ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by uniafly, May 24, 2006.

1. That's the right setup, but please don't say you're using QT with ads running-- it only costs $7 a month to run it ad free. I tried it at first with the ads and they drove me up the wall. If you can't afford 7 bucks a month so you can be less distracted, you are too cheep to be trading.

#11     May 25, 2006
  2. uniafly

uniafly

You are right, I am going to sign up for Quote Trucker of course.
    I think it is a great software.
    Just didnt get to it yet..

#12     May 25, 2006
  3. mktman

mktman

$7 for software.
    LOL

#13     May 25, 2006
  4. That sounds arrogant. Now, just why would you make a comment like that?

Sounds like you have never used QT. If you had, you would have a different response.

#14     May 25, 2006
  5. mktman

mktman

Used QT years ago my boy; in the bginning.
    Arrogant.
    No
    If your want "pro" software QT isnt that.
    So many here want free software, just remember you get what you pay for.
    Whats pro software?
    Neo Qcharts Esig
    TS etc.

#15     May 25, 2006

6. I didn't know I was your boy-- hummm. Being that you used it years ago, that might be the problem, Jerry Medved and his "boys" have really brought QT to a new level. You might want to check it out.

#16     May 25, 2006
  7. Yup, mktman, you sound like a real pro. With that said, however, I don't know about Neo, but I used Qcharts awhile and I must say that was the worst I ever used-- crashed all the time; Esign-- well I've just heard too many bad things about them to risk the try; and please don't tell me you got sucked in to TS.

I've been doing this for quite a while now, and there is one thing I have learned about trading: You do not always get what you pay for.

#17     May 25, 2006
  8. mktman

mktman

We both been doing this for quite awhile.
    Trading is a daily learning process; forever. If qt is a complete trading tool that meets your needs great, it isnt for everyone and it has had its periods of crashing lockups etc. Nothing is immune.

#18     May 25, 2006
  9. I Agree.

Good Trading to you.

#19     May 25, 2006
  10. Trading w/ MB via QT will give you a free ad-less registration.

QT has made huge leaps forward, though they still somewhat cater to the indicator of the month guy.

#20     May 27, 2006