Is it worth it to change from an IB to a FCM?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ruben Haiko, Sep 14, 2020.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

Bitcoin, huh? And you view yourself as a seasoned trader?

#41     Sep 17, 2020
  2. I bought 2 houses and a boat on the 2017 BTC bull run. And yes, i am a seasoned trader. Have been for 7 years now. But i trade CME futures 90% of the time. BTC overall is to small a market still.

#42     Sep 18, 2020
  3. snowman80

snowman80

are you not using sierra / amp anymore? have you found something better or moved on from futures to greener pastures?

cheers

#43     Sep 18, 2020
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

For futures, I still use the Sierra/ CQG combo. It is still my favourite.

#44     Sep 18, 2020
    snowman80 and Ruben Haiko like this.
  5. How is the Sierra market data compared to CQG? Been reading some good things about it.

#45     Sep 18, 2020
  6. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I dont know, so far I have used TT, Transact, CQG and Rithmic feed with Sierra Chart, and all have been fine.
    But CQG has been the most stable for me, for many years.

#46     Sep 18, 2020
  7. Guys - I am considering moving from IBKR to AMP because of the excessive margin requirements for E-Mini's at IBKR.
    However, I don't know which execution platform to choose.....Rhythmic or CQG ?
    I already have a programmable charting platform (Multicharts) and reliable data feed (IQFeed).
    Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

#47     Sep 19, 2020
  8. snowman80

snowman80

if you’re automated and need speed, api functionality etc etc rithmic is probably what you would go with

if you are a point and click trader cqg is more than sufficient and cheaper

afaik, multicharts works with cqg (order routing & data) so you may not need IQFeed depending on your needs

#48     Sep 19, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  9. Thanks for that Snowman. AFAIK, CQG is about 25 cents per contract vs. 45 cents for Rhythmic. So at 1000 contracts per week, the difference adds-up to almost $800 per month. The only thing I am concerned with is that both platforms can place stops on the CME exchange.

#49     Sep 19, 2020
  10. apdxyk

apdxyk

Both

#50     Sep 19, 2020