Is it worth it to change from an IB to a FCM?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ruben Haiko, Sep 14, 2020.

1. I did that. But then your TT subscription is managed by AMP. certain functions were disabled. Like adding API for crypto exchanges where disabled in the AMP managed version of TT. That was one of the reasons i left AMP. The service was really bad.

#21     Sep 15, 2020
  2. The commissions are good. Service sucks. But maybe that goes for all brokers

#22     Sep 15, 2020
    backuptiger likes this.
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I had good experience in the past with AMP, and Sierra Chart is still my favourit platform. But you shouldnt use it with Rithmic anymore:

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=51595

"The state of Rithmic is as is and will be removed effective December 31, 2020, from Sierra Chart completely in newer versions.

The technical integration that Sierra Chart has to Rithmic is substandard due the type of interface provided by Rithmic. We understand why it is used by users, but it will not be even possible to use newer versions of Sierra Chart released after that time with Rithmic.
    "

#23     Sep 15, 2020
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Service sucks ? I had some of the most helpful and fastest service with AMP support. I guess one of the problems with AMP is that they attract many of the beginning traders, because of the very low entry barriers they offer. As a consequence they probably get flooded with the most basic and stupid questions and requests. If a beginner doesnt even know what a DOM is or how it works, or the difference between the data provider and the FCM, then it very hard to communicate in a serious and sensible way.

#24     Sep 15, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. toby400

toby400

I am in the UK and just about to fund a small account with AMP for Micro Futures. Not new to trading ( CFD and Spread betting) but reading some of the horror stories on Elite Trader I hesitate. I also notice long standing firms like Dorling accommodate small traders and we can fund via SEPA which is easier for UK residents. I am confused.com !!

#25     Sep 15, 2020
  6. DevBru

DevBru

There is absolutely nothing wrong with AMP.

What horror stories are you talking about?

Edit: your AMP account can also be funded via SEPA.

#26     Sep 15, 2020
    tomtr27 likes this.
  7. toby400

toby400

Yes Dev. I know about AMP SEPA but trust Pilot and a few posters here denigrate AMP. Google search doesn't help with so many conflicting views.And how many of the fans of AMP here have an hidden agenda. I have no knowledge of USA type Futures trading or of its' culture. I was looking at AMP and their link to Traderview charts which one can easily use on an iMac. Stories ? poor customer service for one (chat is rarely answered and one is asked to leave an email etc. Inaccurate info is another) Pity because I would prefer AMP on costing levels. I do not need hand holding but do need a reliable broker. I am now looking at Dorman -Tradovate was another with trader view charts but clears thro Dorman anyway.

#27     Sep 15, 2020
  8. DevBru

DevBru

I absolutely never had any issues with AMP, i no longer trade with them since i now fully switched to trading stocks, otherwise i would still be with AMP.

The customer support is very fast via email, at least in my experience and i never received faulty information.

AMP has a 3.5/5 rating on Trustpilot, i would consider that very positive knowing that most of the traders with AMP are underfunded and most likely inexperienced traders making all kind of stupid mistakes and blame them on the broker. It seems like most of the 1 star reviews are from people from which the application was denied.

#28     Sep 15, 2020
    tomtr27 and apdxyk like this.
  9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Yeah, everybody knows and loves Dorling !

#29     Sep 15, 2020
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Confirmed - SEPA transfers preferred at AMP for EUR, GBP and CHF (saves our customer's banking fees $$).

Limitations on TT features...never heard this...we confirming with TT if they required special setup. (will update this post when TT replies)

Trustpilot? they email us all the time trying to get us to pay to be able to manage the reviews....no verifications or anything.

You can see Pages and Pages and Pages....of our Real Customer Feedbacks on our website (scroll down to section "WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW." https://www.ampfutures.com/

#30     Sep 15, 2020
    tomtr27 and toby400 like this.