Is it Wise For a Trader to Move to Los Angeles for a Girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinxu, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

N O !

#51     Jun 30, 2013
  2. ...but give Lucrum her # and next time he swings the ole jet into LAX he'll look her up and make sure she is okay... :D

#52     Jun 30, 2013
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

Damn pilots.

#53     Jun 30, 2013
  4. jinxu

jinxu

Hahaha...You old farts crack me up. I'm in my late 20s now. Yes I met her online but it's not from craigslist or an online dating site. I know what she looks like because we're facebook friends now. I think I can handle a model. We're just texting for now but things are getting more serious. Yes the plan is to do the whole meet up and $hit. I'm just asking in advance. It's good to plan ahead.

#54     Jun 30, 2013
  5. jinxu

jinxu

Fine since you old farts asked...here's a pic of her.

#55     Jun 30, 2013
  6. Just compare the cost of living to what you got now.

Deduct any additional expenditures and project out as far into the future as this relationship will last.

If this additional expense doesn't bother you, live with her if she makes as much as you, otherwise don't.

The last proviso were it a consideration would not have been on me but her, so that wasn't the issue in my decisions, but I'd have to say it should be in yours.

LA sucks without knowing people. At 22, this isn't an intelligence level that could relate to your business unfortunately and that will negatively impact your trading unless you're trading with algorithms.

#56     Jun 30, 2013
  7. jinxu

jinxu

Her last bf (3 years) was middle aged and a trader. I didn't know at first. Strange coincidence.

#57     Jun 30, 2013
  8. jinxu

jinxu

She's pretty intelligent. Straight A's in hs. President of various school organization. While working part time. And training at a prestigious dance school. That's what she told me....

#58     Jun 30, 2013
  9. A heartbreaker if I ever saw one. But, fwiw, I say go for it. Fly out a few times, get to know her, and if the relationship gets to that point and your gut says yes then move out there. You're young: attack life, live with no regrets.

#59     Jun 30, 2013
  10. I met my wife on line. In fact, on this site. So it works but you have to meet her first.

Keep us posted. :D

#60     Jun 30, 2013