Is it true? That the smarter you are the worse the world looks?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Oct 15, 2006.

1. I have lost faith in mankind...What does good mean?

#41     Oct 15, 2006
  2. Why did you have faith in mankind in the first place?

#42     Oct 15, 2006
  3. Electric,

Have you ever consulted a good homeopathic practitioner? First of all, yes, homeopathic medicines do work, at least to some degree. I've had some experience using them. No, it's not the placebo effect as the trillion dollar drug companies want you to believe.

You mention you come from a dysfunctional family. Homeopathy works on an emotional level. Emotional injuries (people hurting us) can become blocked and trapped and prevent us from reaching our full potential. The right homeopathic med can release these emotions.

Homeopathy is not a simple solution. An experienced homeopathic practioner is essential.

I'm on a quest for good health the last 12 years. I've been researching alternative medicine for a long time, as there are no meds for me. Been on medical leave for 4.5 years. Should have went on medical leave sooner. I did a lot of damage to myself at work. I don't think I'm well enough to trade full time yet, but getting closer.

What's wrong with me? Most likely an assortment of toxins in me, along with previously a bad diet and overwork. I get depressed off and on. I should be much more depressed, but I have a faith of some kind I guess. I think I've been smart enough to improve my conditions along with some help from people that know more than I do.

There are no accidents. Some believe we choose our parents before we are born. What if that is true? If so, we must have had something planned before our birth. Very interesting concept. We choose our parents, or more like we choose our challenge to be overcome.

#43     Oct 15, 2006
  4. Well,

I did not ask to be born..lol

Since dieting and going to the gym, I feel better and better...( I get back to getting hyper though as I have lost 25 lbs in 7 weeks and food was my drug...I am at 290 heading for 240 and Wifey says its for life and a lifestyle change...I am all for it as I feel better, but I am overactive and get very high)

My statement about the meaning of life is pain and that I have no faith in mankind stand.

It's funny at some point you just have to trust, until it all goes bad and then you find the strength to start again...The best friend that I have is Wifey and perhaps my mentor.

Michael B.

P.S. I am going to start a new thread soon, Titled, "Are poor people fatter" ?

#44     Oct 15, 2006
  5. BTW, to clarify, I'm not saying cynicism = stupidity. It just annoys me when less than astute folks use a cynical pose to answer the many things they just don't understand.

#45     Oct 15, 2006
  6. I think I have answered this with satire....making a fantasy comedy out of things just makes it easier to cope especially with the ironic tone that only satire can make funny. Many people do not even know I do it, except Wifey...(I can see her laughing as she knows what I am thinking when I give her one of those silent looks during a "play-act" of meeting others)

Once, One person here read one of my posts and caught me in one of the Forums...:)

Lighten up...

Michael B.

#46     Oct 15, 2006
  7. short answer to this thread is YES

the smarter you are the worse world looks

How do I know?

I am pretty damn smart, probably smarter than 95% of ETers

and I can tell you the awareness of how things really are, make me cynical and at times depressed

the only way I cope is remembering that if I had a choice I wouldn't be a blissful boob

#47     Oct 15, 2006
  8. hehe...so true on how you deal with it...and to make it "worse" I prolly am not as smart as you...

get it"""" satire folks....the quotes are around the word that this gentlemen is dealing with!!

#48     Oct 15, 2006
  9. Rodney Dangerfield was my favorite comedian...

#49     Oct 15, 2006
  10. Why am I pouring my heart out in an internet forum with my anonymous character?...

Perhaps I am a glutten for punishment or desire attention far too much.

Lets get the subject off of me and back on track...

Being aware of how wonderful this world is...has it helped you? How about your trading? Care to share any breakthroughs?

Life is precious and every waking second should be cherished.

Does your glass have wine in it...wait ugghh I mean is it have full or half empty...or is its midline positive as a trader might say.

Michael B.

#50     Oct 15, 2006