Is it true? That the smarter you are the worse the world looks?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Oct 15, 2006.

1. buzz

buzz

Lets not forget, No man is big enough to do anything by himself. The most frantic of your energies cannot change a wave of the sae, or the color of the grass, or the spread of a tree.

#131     Oct 22, 2006
  2. to jaronimo, yes, only way to change people's bad behaviour is to put on price on it. for instance 300% tax on gasoline would help.

to the OP, i disagree totally, world is as it is, change it (*edit: hardly* not possible by singly person, unless maybe you are the president), or accept it.

#132     Oct 22, 2006

3. "No single grain of sand ever takes responsibilty for a landslide, no single flake of snow ever accepts responsibility for the avalanche, but these things all start with the movement of the individual"

#133     Oct 22, 2006

4. Maybe you need to rethink your postion? Because it has been my experience that a person that has to resort to profanity to debate his position is either ignorant or totally unprepared with regards to the topic being discussed.

Please don't take that as an insult. Thats not how its meant. It just gets old when people here resort to profanity and namecalling because they run into people with different opinions. Not even opposite opinions, just different. Its almost like they believe they can change someones mind by trying to bully them. LOL.

If you reread my posts on this thread you may realize I am against kids dying, pollution, etc. Sometimes I just like to reframe the debate to show a different outlook on it. I sometimes get the impression that people spout the same rhetoric without actually thinking of the consequences of what their thoughts actually demand. Not you obviously, I was referring to everyone else. :p

#134     Oct 22, 2006
  5. Actually passive aggressive retorts aside I just cant be bothered with you... sorry

#135     Oct 22, 2006
  6. Is it true? That the smarter u are the worse the world looks?

Let’s assume, there are good people and there are evil people. The evil people lie, deceive and abuse power for personal gain. Those who don’t see this are stupid and happy. Those who do see it could be unhappy if they are good and think the evil people are in control. But since the evil people are in control does that mean the evil people are the smart people, and if so do u think the world looks bad to them?

What is good is often really not good, while what is not good is often good, should one continue to call what is good good, and what is evil evil, or should we turn it upside down? But doesn’t that just take u to where u started? But does this mean that good does not exist, or that evil does not exist? Or is evil to give too much of what is considerate good, and not giving what is considered not good, or to give to much of what is considered not good without giving good?

I think we humans need to give the body what it needs and the soul what it needs, we should give the body what it needs for its own sake but also because the soul is dependent on the body, and give the soul what it needs for its own sake but also because the body is dependent on the soul.

So either give the body what the body needs and fight evil if ur good, or give the body what the body needs and kill ur soul if ur evil.

#136     Oct 22, 2006
  7. Very true

#137     Oct 22, 2006
  8. I believe the figure of extinct species is actually around 99.9%....

I wonder what the odds are of humans joining this exclusive group?

#138     Oct 23, 2006
  9. Given enough time I'd say 100% chance

#139     Oct 23, 2006

10. There you go. You just made the world look worse to me...:p

#140     Oct 23, 2006