Is it true? That the smarter you are the worse the world looks?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Oct 15, 2006.

1. I wouldn't know...I have a lot of hope, but no faith in mankind :)

2. djxput

djxput

hmmm how do you rate how smart you are?

by the degree(s) you have?
    by your IQ?
    by how much money you have?
    by how much your face is on TV?

3. djxput,

I personally consider how fast and accurate you can learn new things and process the information.

Michael B.

4. Everything is about perspective. I am not happy with my current financial situation although I reside in a 4 bedroom house in NJ on a 1/4 acre of property near NYC in what most people would consider an affluent area.

In my visits to places like the Phillippines I have found that people seem to be happy on much less. People are lucky (in the Phils) to own a used Honda Civic where as if we go to the local community college parking lot you will see many young students with such vehicles.

However, its this unhappiness that drives people forward. Walk through a place like NYC, Chicago or Washington DC. Would these buildings have been erected if someone said to themselves..."Hey this is good enough".

The fact of the matter is that unhappiness with the current situation is what makes you change it. It drives you forward. Unhappiness is good, it promotes change...

5. If you are not smart does the "not knowing and understanding" effect your perception? Is the simpleness of the perception limiting?

Michael B.

6. When a trader says 'keep it simple" what does this translate to?

7. By knowing that none of the above have anything to do with actual intelligence.

8. "THE MOST PAINFUL THING FOR A HUMAN BEING IS TO NOT KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THEMSELVES..."

9. ozzie123

ozzie123

Dissatisfaction isn't the same as unhappiness. It's dissatisfaction that leads the human race forward, not unhappiness.

Prolonging unhappiness only brings you stress.

10. tyler19

tyler19

Emotional intelligence

#10     Oct 15, 2006