Is it too late?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by QdzResurrection, Oct 31, 2003.

1. if that's what he said, then he was right.

If you want to get rich, you can't do it with out having the working class under you. There is no getting around it. You need them to provide their labor, for you to resell, or to buy your products, or both.

#31     Nov 1, 2003
  2. ...it's one thing to be the eternal optimist, it's another to be blind to reality.

#32     Nov 1, 2003
  3. And how fortunate the wealthy are that te masses have made a concuss decision not to join them. Mercy, who would they have to do their bidding.

#33     Nov 1, 2003
  4. I don't believe a billionaire has ever "built" a factory. The billionaire usually pays an architect to design a factory, a contractor to build it, who hires lots of workers etc. etc.

How about you give me an example of a factory in whose inception no billionaire was involved in any way?

You should not forget that the billionaire does not have to build a factory. All he needs is more money (i.e. less tax) so he can PAY more people (CREATING MORE JOBS) who then plan, design, and build the factories for his company.

#34     Nov 1, 2003
  5. Quote from Marketsurfer:

"factory jobs ??? dude, wake up ! this is the age of information and service. american factories are part of the old paradigm. your type of thinking keeps america in the dark ages."[b/]

Quote from John Q. Public:

...and your's will make us a nation of minimum wage telemarketers, hawking goods made in China.[b/]

Marketsurfer, I'm afraid that John Q. Public has an awefully good point here . . . Have you ever been to the Midwest? Ever been to Omaha, Nebraska lately? How about Ohio? Iowa? And the Northeast? Been to Connecticut? How about Rhode Island?

By continuing to export jobs over to Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. like so many of the Dell's and Chevron's of the world are doing, our countries wages are in a huge state of decline, and so is our quality of life.

Marketsurfer, if you think that more than one-third of America is hooked-up to the Internet, doing business, you are sadly mistaken. Most of America still doesn't even have DSL or Cable yet. If that were the case, the Nasdaq might be a whole helluva lot higher than it is today. The fact that it isn't tells you that the demand simply isn't their for the amount of information and digital age that you imply. The TELECOM BUBBLE is a great example of far too much supply, and not enough demand.

For most Americans, there paychecks still come from the "Brick and Mortar" economy.

#35     Nov 1, 2003
  6. John Q.

The majority of people feel the way you do, unfortunately. I was watching a story the other nite on tv. Some celebreties were trying to shut down some foreign sweat shops. The people who were working in those sweatshops were begging for them not to be closed down. Who is right? You have always had the poor and you have always had the rich. Why, because it is the natural order of things. When you try to change this order, it may work for awhile, but when the present resources are used up, who will create the new ones? The collapse of the Soviet Union is a perfect example of what happens when you try to make all people equal.

#36     Nov 1, 2003

7. weak, baby, weak. even for you.

when you are pinned against a wall, it is best to just holler uncle. remember that the next time.

#37     Nov 1, 2003
  8. please excuse me as I am having a hard time seeing the keyboard for the tears brought on my the tragic tale of the poor sweatshop workers you told.

or perhaps I cry over the fact that you still fail to comprehend that wealth comes from the working class providing labor and markets for the wealthy to exploit. I don't think I called for a new order, just your not getting it assbackwards.

as for the former Soviet Union, and God forgive me, but I don't really understand how they got in to the conversation, I think you will find that it was mismanagement, corruption, and misapplication of recourses that brought them down.

#38     Nov 1, 2003
  9. Question:

Would CALIFORNIA, with its wonderful climate and water resources to support a HUGE AGRICULTURE INDUSTRY be able to do so without the working class?

I don't think so.

:p

#39     Nov 1, 2003
  10. RAY

RAY

Why does everyone think in the now? Think beyond your lifetime.

Jobs and economics change (take a class in history), who ever wants to keep low paying manufacturing jobs is not looking forward (IMO). Let Asia have them.

It may hurt some in the short run, but doesn't almost every advancement (evolution)?

BTW: I am an independent, and have some Libertarian ideals. I buy cars based upon quality and performance needs. It is up to GM and Ford to deliver a proper product to the market.

#40     Nov 1, 2003