Is it too late to become a daytrader at 30?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Traderwen, Jan 20, 2018.

1. comagnum

comagnum

Well that's odd - according to Forbes list of the highest earning traders in 2017 there is only 1 of 25 that looks like they are under 40. I suppose they were 'sensitive to losses' and cut their losers quickly - something that is often a big hurdle for younger traders to overcome.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2017/03/14/hedge-fund-managers/#4480bffb6e79

#31     Jan 20, 2018
    TreeFrogTrader, schweiz and lcranston like this.
  2. tortoise

tortoise

The most successful daytrader of my acquaintance started at age 60 after being laid off from his job and losing his nest egg in the 2009 financial crisis.

Goes to show what's possible when failure is not an option.

#32     Jan 20, 2018
    volente_00, JamesEM, volpri and 5 others like this.
  3. You put enough pressure on something...it will either explode into greatness or crumble.
    Pressure are how diamonds are made. :wtf: -- a powerful change agent or catalyst for many things in life,

Kind of like in movies...live life casually getting nowhere, have no purpose or ambition....or suddenly have a gun placed to your head -- and Seeing the Divine Light` in every little thing,

#33     Jan 20, 2018
    JamesEM and tortoise like this.
  4. volpri

volpri

At 30 you are at an excellent age to learn daytrading. Still young enough your brain is getting plenty of blood. Yet old enough to have put the foolishness of adolescence behind you. You are probally the ideal age.

#34     Jan 21, 2018
  5. Nearly 34...never put that foolishness behind me. Hope never to, also. :D

#35     Jan 21, 2018
  6. Welcome to the world of trading. And I must say that in any market there is no certain age limit of traders. Whether you want to trade in stock market or equity market, age is not a limitation. You just have to acquire the basic understanding about the market and should gain knowledge about basic financial market tools and techniques. Though it is an addition to your answer, you can trade in forex market as forex has demo trading accounts so that you can get the real experience of trading without any risk and learn about forex market.

#36     Jan 21, 2018
  7. The fact that you asked the question makes me think you don't have the right mindset for this kind of job . Most people that succeed in this line of work don't doubt themselves and ask "gee can I really do it?"

Id say get a real job and practice trading in your spare time.

#37     Jan 21, 2018
    JamesEM likes this.
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Unless you try, you just don't know.

Spend a few intensive months on it. If you are not successful, let it go. If u are successful, then you can do v well indeed.

#38     Jan 21, 2018
  9. heispark

heispark

30? Isn't this too early? Getting a job and start trading as a hobby first....

#39     Jan 21, 2018
  10. Humpy

Humpy

You seem to have overlooked the all important P word.
    Which is profitability.
    Without that you are sinking whatever age you are.

#40     Jan 21, 2018