Is it time...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bronks, Feb 15, 2006.

1. bronks

bronks

#41     Mar 11, 2006
  2. nevadan

nevadan

bronks

I'm a little late here but colorgraphic has an excellent multimonitor card. One card for up to 8 monitors. I've had one for going on four years now. I did have one problem a while back where one output out of four quit, but one of my monitors died at the same time so I don't know if the monitor killed the card or the card killed the monitor(I suspect the monitor). Or perhaps it was just a coincidence in timing. Colorgraphic rebuilt the card for a hundred bucks. I almost got a new card but plan on upgrading to a new box in a year or so, so I went the cheap route. I can relate to the hell of trying to get two dual monitor cards to work. Never did get that done while waiting for repairs.

www.colorgraphic.net/newsite/misc/home.html

#42     Mar 11, 2006
  3. It's that j-chart pos program. It pegged my computer too. I quit using it for that reason.

John

#43     Mar 11, 2006
  4. bronks

bronks

Thanks Nev. I bookmarked that site.

I agree. I must be running three of the most resource intensive trading apps. out there and j-Chart it'self is the leader of the other two. It's the main reason why I upgraded my system since, as buggy as it is, I won't trade without it.

We'll see come Monday how all this new crap works out.

#44     Mar 11, 2006
  5. bronks

bronks

UPDATE:

Well after a week or so of just absolute madness of bugs with my two ATI cards, I returned them to Comp USA and ordered 2 PNY/Nvidia Quadro NVS 280 PCI cards from Buy.com. The final straw was when my IB program would just disappear from all my screens only being visible in the task bar. Maximizing or restoring wouldn't work, it's like it went to some kinda computer limbo, never to be seen again.

I ordered the cards on Thurs. morning and got'em Friday afternoon. Installed and running in 15 minutes...all without a hitch. Right on PNY/Nividia! Total cost was $170.00 per card.

I don't know if I mentioned this but the heat sink on one of the old ATI cards would touch the bottom of the other card in the other PCI slot. Seems like very piss-poor engineering on ATI's part. The PNY cards fit perfectly with room to spare.

Another issue was customer service. All ATI issues had to go through their website via help ticket emails...which they would take days to respond to. Nvidia on the otherhand, answered their phones on the third ring, directed me where I had to go, and gave me the direct line to PNY and Leadtek. I called PNY and they picked up in 2 rings. I had a few questions about compatibility which was quickly and intelligently answered by the rep. All in all, an excellent experience in dealing with these two companies.

Not that my two cents is worth two cents, but I giv'em both a thumbs up...way up.

Gnomey was right, go with the good shit from the get go. Saves a lot of headaches.

#45     Mar 25, 2006