is it time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaykapwr, Dec 21, 2011.

1. YETTTT....you have to ask if you should increase size while in a drawdown?

Its one thing for me to start a discussion about mid-term direction, its a whole different story to ask what i should do about losing constantly

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=228128

#11     Dec 22, 2011
  2. true, like the Good Book says, "There is wisdom in a multitude of counsel."

#12     Dec 23, 2011
  3. This turned out to be a good strategy . Should have acted

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. gmst

gmst

When you get such 1:10 risk reward kind of trend, in which some market event has the potential to move the market in one direction for next 10-15 days to next 3-6 months, its best to start small and keep adding everyday to your position, adjusting your stop.

Easier said then done though. Lots of patience, staying ability is needed. But rewards could be HUGE.

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. couldn't agree more except the part about the stop, that's a different matter.

start small build them up, when they get big take a profit keep on a small position and build it up again.

each time you start with a bigger cushion.

yeah, the last one is going to be a loser, but you have already made your money.

use size instead of a trailing stop. I think a mathmatician proved to me they are the same thing only size uses up more spreads and commissions, but size works better for me.

otherwise, a lot easier to add to winner on a pullback than to enter on a pullback

reward better be HUGE to pay for all the times it doesn't work out.

at anyrate, you are betting on the unlikely event something will trend (they say most of the time it chops) but I'll take those odds. You got a better idea?

the question is, now that everything is more and more connected, are things trending more or chopping more?

#15     Jan 20, 2012
  6. bc1

bc1

Sounds similar to my last blackjack system. Start at $5 and add $5 with each win till $35 or so and then stay there till I lose. Then only bet $5 after a loss. Keeps me from going in the hole too far unless I start off bad then it is time to quit. I also change tables whenever an oriental dealer shows up. They know how to take your money in a hurry with no time for chitchat.

#16     Jan 20, 2012
  7. Just a heads up chaykapwr.

Tsing Tao is a cyber-stalking troll just like these these sockpuppets:

Nine_Ender
    newwurldmn
    bc1
    TILT2

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. they are evaluated by how much they make an hour, not by how much of your money they win from you or how happy you are about it.

It's exactly like blackjack, except the cards can only trend so far, the market can trend longer, farther and stronger than you or I anticipated.

That's why I take losses, otherwise I would hold forever, but I always respect the fact that I may be on the wrong side of a trend.

otherwise, I don't play blackjack, too personal, about the time I fall in love with the dealer it's her breaktime and they biing in some big ugly guy who thinks he's hot shit.

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. sockpuppet? what the hell do you call a guy who goes on the Cramer show and asks the question he tells them to ask?

#19     Jan 20, 2012