Is it time to buy SNE?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Oct 5, 2006.

1. What are your thoughts?

2. I love Sony as a company, I think it is one of the few big great companies left that stand behind their product and actually make QUALITY. Very very rare and hard to find in a giant corporation.

Some people don't like Sony and I can understand because they make a wide range of products and noone can be that consistent. Also, they are kinda anally retentive with their MP3 & Minidisc in regards to copyright infingement. A bunch of BS.

I have a lot of experience with their electronics, from PS2, TV, Music devices, PCs, speakers, etc. No other company, except maybe Samsung, can come close on the quality, price and innovation. Their products LAST, unless you take bad care of them. Some of their products are so sturdy, it's not even funny. I have dropped the Sony Minidisc at least 20-30 times over 3 years, on concrete nevertheless, and that sh*t still would not stop working.

So as a REAL investment, mostly based on fundamentals, I think SNE is a buy. BUT, I think their PS3 execution is not gonna go over well. Their PR for it sucked, and they have yet to address the concerns of the gamers about the high ticket price. Playstation comprises over 33% of Sony revenues, and even more of the profits nowdays. They may be getting a bit too relaxed about the next gen game systems.

3. I'm willing to buy but I'm afraid of them making a announcement, any bad announcement will send the stock plunging again.