Is it time for the blue states to throw the gulf states out of the union?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, May 27, 2010.

1. Yes of course if you consider our internecine war wasn't brutal or destructive enough.

#41     May 27, 2010
  2. Apparently it wasn't destructive enough, given the continued pride in the south of the Confederacy and the display of the Confederate flag...

Lincoln did not do enough to purge the disease of the confederacy...

#42     May 27, 2010
  3. Guess the victors didn't win their hearts and minds eh?

The Constitution shall rise again!

#43     May 27, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

Wow i just found this gem in Obamas speech from today, the brazennes of this liar is unbelievable. Drill baby drill was Obamas mantra as well except he lies about not having said it.

Obama:
    "Extraction is more expensive and it is going to be inherently more risky."

"And so that's part of the reason you never heard me say drill, baby, drill."

Never said drill baby drill hey? Yet one month prior you were proposing opening up the waters to offshore drilling. I really hope the media picks up on this, but i wont hold my breath. How the hell can dems even support this liar anymore? He gets busted lying repeatedly, and peopel support him.

Dated March 31/2010

OBAMA TO OPEN OFFSHORE AREAS TO OIL DRILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

The proposal — a compromise that will please oil companies and domestic drilling advocates but anger some residents of affected states and many environmental organizations — would end a longstanding moratorium on oil exploration along the East Coast from the northern tip of Delaware to the central coast of Florida, covering 167 million acres of ocean.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/science/earth/31energy.html

#44     May 27, 2010
  5. No, the south remained rebellious thinking they would rise again...

Had they been properly punished for their insolence, and forced to feel the proper levels of shame, they might have joined the human race...

Instead they remain full of pride and ignorance...

#45     May 27, 2010
  6. Did you actually read Obama's comments at today's press conference?

His position is that we have to move away from oil, to transition away from oil.

So controlled moderate drilling is only a way to make that happen, just like a heroin addict has to go to a methadone clinic before they have any chance of getting clean...

The right wing doesn't talk about transitioning away from the addiction to crude...their plan is to make oil and coal the primary fuels and resist any transition to clean energy...

It's why their mantra is "drill baby, drill" and not "alternative clean and safe energy for the future."

#46     May 27, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

So his proposition to get off oil is to drill more oil?? That is similar to giving the "heroin addict" you spoke of more heroin so that they can quit doing heroin.

You really got to figure your thoughts out, either you are retarded or you are intentionally fucking with people..... a.k.a. trolling.

Giving a person methadone to get off heroin would be synonymous with switching to natural gas to get off oil, your argument is one of the stupidest arguments i have read on ET, even including Gayfly1's commentary.

#47     May 27, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's funny, I felt much the same about New Orleans after Katrina. Of course you and your ilk called me a racist for saying so.

I just know you're going to point out exactly where in the constitution this is allowed.

#48     May 27, 2010
  9. Well, now I see why you cry yourself to sleep at night and tremble
    at the thought of public sentiment rediscovering Constitutional issues thought to be vanquished in war.

#49     May 27, 2010
  10. Let's talk about now, not 160 yrs ago. Poor whites are the most exploited and disenfranchised group in the U.S. - especially in the South. And by the way, rednecks were dirt-poor farmers; they couldn't afford to own slaves.
    Why is Washington 90% black? Because you can't get a gov't job unless your skin color is correct.
    I see from your other posts that you know nothing about the War of the States. Secession from the "voluntary Union" was constitutional in 1861. It wasn't until 1869, years after the War, that the Supreme Court ruled - in a split decision- that secession was illegal.
    Incidentally, Lincoln was not against slavery; in fact he went out of his way to assure the 5 Union slave states that slavery wouldn't be abolished by his administration. It was only when the Union was on the brink of defeat that Lincoln declared that the slaves (in the South only) were liberated; he was hoping for a slave insurrection to stop the Southern advance.

#50     May 27, 2010