Is it the "price of gas, stupid"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Give it up. It looks like the GOP has chosen between fiscal and social conservatism.

They are dead ducks.

#31     Feb 22, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#32     Feb 22, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Wow! That's incredible. And Obama needs Florida.

Gas prices may not be Obama's fault entirely but I certainly don't see him without fault. Taking away deep water offshore drilling, Alaska, the Keystone pipeline etc. have at the very least a psychological influence on domestic prices and trader's opinions.

If he decides to tap the strategic reserve, as some democrats are calling for, that will be a mistake and will do very little stop price increases.

#33     Feb 22, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm in Tampa, and I'm paying about $3.60 for regular. I don't know where these $5.80 prices are. I've not seen them.

As for Obama needing Florida, he hasn't a prayer in this state. I know this is speculation, but everyone I run into is madder than hell at the government (all of it). Even more so than me!

#34     Feb 22, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Just in the Disneyworld area for some reason. Tourist premium?

#35     Feb 22, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

That must be it. I lived in Orlando until a couple years ago and I don't remember those stations around Disney gouging that much over, though.

#36     Feb 22, 2012
  7. Considering the number of tourists from Europe who are accustomed to an equivalent rate of about $8 per gallon, they probably don't know the difference.

Driving around those parts is pure insanity as well. Between all the "gray hairs" and the clueless tourists, makes for some interesting motoring.

#37     Feb 22, 2012
  8. http://gasbuddy.com/GB_Price_List.aspx

Nice list, highest by city is S.F. and Santa Barbara CA. Highest shows $4.17. Must be higher in some 'special' cities.

Listed by State and by city.

c

#38     Feb 22, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I guess.

I have to go to Downtown Disney tonight for dinner. I'll check it out and see.

#39     Feb 22, 2012
  10. Crispy

Crispy

[​IMG]

#40     Feb 22, 2012