Is it the "price of gas, stupid"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 21, 2012.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Just trying to explain the impact to the average American family in terms of the savings. As noted --- for American families living on the edge every dollar counts -- so even ten dollars counts when trying to commute to a lower-wage job everyday while trying to cover rent, food, and other necessities.

The bigger impact -- as noted by Ricter -- is with commercial trucking and diesel costs. The price of transport impacts everything in the supply chain including the price of food in your local grocery store. The Duke economist only accounted for the direct savings for the family at the pump -- not the broader impact of fuel price savings related to transport of goods.

#321     Jun 23, 2022
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thank you for explaining the impact of diesel on the supply chain. As I mentioned, we run 2500 class 8 trucks. I'm very much aware of how increased transportation costs filter through the supply chain. My guess is, a lot better than you understand.

#322     Jun 23, 2022
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

As usual, the democrats in California are all over the energy crisis with forward thinking that will offer solutions.

[​IMG]

#323     Jun 23, 2022
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Too indirect and too slow. The tub is already overfull and the faucet needs to be turned OFF asap.

#324     Jun 23, 2022
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're answering from an environmental standpoint. My point was from a gasoline availability and price concern.

They are, as you would no doubt agree, at odds with each other.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    #325     Jun 23, 2022
    Ricter likes this.
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yup.

#326     Jun 23, 2022
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#327     Jun 27, 2022
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Makes a heck of a case for the government to hand out $60,000 electric cars to everyone. :D

#328     Jun 27, 2022
  9. Why not make your own DEF? Simple process, relatively safe, low cost materials and setup. Probably reduce your net cost by more than half over time. I know a chemical engineer who would be a good consultant. Hell, he could design a system for you.

End DEF tyranny now! Long live my 2006 Freightliner! Water and urea unite!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    #329     Jun 27, 2022
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because doing so voids the warranty of the units we purchased with the OEM.

#330     Jun 28, 2022