Is it possible to visit Cuba as an American citizen?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by misterno, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I heard people visit Cuba via Mexico but then isn't it illegal?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why don't you just float down there on a makeshift raft? It's how most Cuban's came here. :)

3. More important is when you find entry easy from Canada, Mexico, Bahamas...is to have exchange of your USD (BEFORE) you go.
    You can see the current exchange here.
    http://www.bc.gov.cu/English/home.asp

4. I am confused

So is it possible for a US citizen to go to Cuba?

Or is it illegal?

Can someone help me here?

5. Yes its possible.

Yes Its illegal under the "Trading with the enemy" act. I know the minimum you will get is a $7,500 fine if caught (at least thats what it was 6 or 7 years ago). You could get jail time too.

I have heard stories of air mexico giving passenger information to US customs too, so they will know if you go. I want to say that if you travel through the bahamas, you will be ok, but Its really been a long time since I checked up on this. I seriously wouldnt try it though with just an american passport. maybe you have a parent or grandparent from europe and can get a dual citizenship from them.

6. I live in the UK. When I went to Cuba a couple of years ago, there were no American's. There was an unusual amount of Canadians though...

Hehe

7. Not to change the subject, but did you know there is a tactical nuke and a giant nuke buried underneath two separate buildings in Miami. Left over from the cold war. Both armed and ready to go.

There is plastic explosive charge to topple one of the buildings as a warning. Then, the tactical if people don't submit to Washington DC's authority. Then, if people don't submit, the big one will go off. It's designed to round out the crater in the Yucatan. Probably wipe out most of the continent. Not sure about the weather patterns, but it would be a global event.

Apparently there is a Bay of Pigs kind of thing going on and it might go off that way in a few weeks.

I wonder if that's news that's "fit to print".