Is it possible to trade a futures spread on TradeStation without a FuturesPlus account?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Daal, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Daal

Daal

I have some currency hedging contracts that I roll over every month that I want to minimize my slippage during that roll over process. At IB I simply do a spread order to sell one month and buy the following month.

At TS, in my futures account I cant seem to do that. It seems that a futures plus account is needed. Innoncent me, I filled the form of this futures plus and thought this would enable my futures account to trade spreads.

No, the geniuses behind this firm have an entire new account for that and to make it worse, if you dont fund it fast they close it. So they closed it mine because I thought I didnt had to do anything other than to wait for roll over time and do a spread order

This futures plus thing is so stupid, its a web platform and I dont like it. Isnt there a way to do a simple roll over in the regular account? If there is not, I'm just wiring my money out of this stupid nonsense