Is it possible to short your own stock?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 5, 2009.

1. THIS THREAD IS PROOF THAT MANY HERE DON'T EVEN TRADE.

SICKOS.

#21     Feb 6, 2009
  2. stts

stts

over 7000 posts and all you can say is SICKOs? I dont have time to post that many. Im too busy trading.:D

Anyhoo, say you got a 10 point movement in trending direction, but got 8 1 point reversals before you get there. Let me change that, its too complicated. Lets make it 2 - 1point reversals before we get there.

2 trades gets you an enter/exit.

4 trades gets you 2short enter/exits to cover the 2 reversals.

Now the money you make: 10 points plus 2 more points = 12 points you make for 6 trades. This is assumeing equal long and short. Dont you realize when you short a reversal, your account doesnt go down as price backs up. When reversal finishes and you dump the hedge, you travel thru that same price again making double money on the same spot. You also have less stress with this strategy as your not racing to minimize gaps. Most these stock move so quick your going to be gapping all over trying to go back and forth. One quick in and out you done made money on that reversal. Simple simon and I cant believe nobodys doing it but me. In 2 months since I jumped into this crashed market, I'm up 48% and Im just getting started.

If you feel squirly and double your hedge, then your profit goes up. I double if I think the reversal is a rally on some news.

The otherway:

2trades enter/exit long.
    2trades enter/exit short.
    2trades reenter/exit long.
    2trades enter/exit short.
    2trades reenter/exit long to point 10

the more reversals you hit the more it costs you.

Now the money: 10 points plus 2 points minus the gap between all those trades because you just aint quick enough to trade them back to back.

So there you go. It aint rocket science and my trading account just keeps going up.

#22     Feb 6, 2009