Is it possible to set up own prop and borrow from banks?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sectrader, May 18, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

To revisit this thread, what are the competent, reliable (good) clearing firms for a new BD to establish a relationship with. It seems that Penson caters its services toward the little guy, but who else is there for someone w/ less than 5MM to start? I know Bright uses GS and highly recommends them, but they won't look at someone this small. Also, must clear for both equities and futures.

Thx.

#11     Jun 9, 2007
  2. You know, I'll check to see who is out there these days. Can you give me an idea of how much capital you want to start with, and what you basic business plan is? I'll make some calls.

And, fWIW, it may make sense to do what others have done, and "piggyback" with us or another viable firm.

PM me if you like.

Don

#12     Jun 9, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

If one can start his own LLC within a Prop firm then they can increase their leverage greater than 4:1.

If not a broker/dealer or exchange member no series 7 is needed.

#13     Jun 11, 2007
  4. Suppose I am in China and I never met you, what kind of qualification I need to be a member of your firm? Do I always need to pass Series 7 to join? (This is a hypothetical question since I am now at U.S but I am thinking going back to China soon).

#14     Jun 11, 2007
  5. Our traders from Xiamen China to Dubai all need the series 7. Feel free to call me directly to chat about all this. 702.739.1393.

Don

#15     Jun 11, 2007
  6. www.NorthAmericanClearing.com

#16     Jun 12, 2007