is it possible to scalp the NQ??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Dec 20, 2007.

1. friends...I am totally serious and just asking a question...as if we were drinking a coffee at 'starbucks'...please forgive me if I have offended you...

#11     Dec 20, 2007
  2. heypa

heypa

It's O.K. to ask questions. Sooner or later you will realise you have been answered.There is no shortcut easy way. There is only your way and you must grind it out. First learn how not to lose money and then get on to the business of making profits.:cool:

#12     Dec 20, 2007
  3. Just pick a freaking market (ES, NQ, YM whatever), pick a freaking time frame and then watch the shit out of it. Stay away from ET or at least stop starting threads. Pay your dues, study hard, and start to craft a technique.

I'm not sure how asking the same questions in slightly different ways is helpful. Just go do the work already yeesh!

#13     Dec 20, 2007
  4. Alright traders, this guy responded exactly the same way on the other thread. He isn't serious about trading and is hanging around ET to get his jollies, which isn't such a bad thing because ET makes me ROTFLOL at times. Enjoy increasenow.

#14     Dec 20, 2007
  5. I actually wasted my time as well answering some of his threads

#15     Dec 21, 2007
  6. Depends on what you call "scalping"... What stop/profit relation is scalping for you?

#16     Dec 21, 2007
  7. bathrobe

bathrobe

I scalped NQ for a few months using MACD histogram, if you try this keep tighter than normal stops.

#17     Dec 21, 2007
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

I used 10 pt stop and 7 point profit target. I believe 7 points is outside of many traders' scalping definitions.

#18     Dec 21, 2007
  9. In NQ? LOL, considering that some days are 10pt (handle) range in NQ it is definetely not a scalping. :D

Maybe you meant ticks?

#19     Dec 21, 2007
  10. bathrobe

bathrobe

maybe I did

#20     Dec 21, 2007