Is it possible to participate in an opening auction in NYSE or NASDAQ and get a rebate?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by PhilipJoseph, Dec 11, 2019.

1. If not, what is the best type of order I could place to get as close to opening price while still adding liquidity? Not important that I get filled, more important to achieve opening price or better while adding liquidity... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nasdaq is not an 'auction' it's called National association stock dealer ask 'quote'
    NYSE is no longer an 'auction' too..all these aucations have a reserve bid. so it's not an 'open auction' or rigged auction.
    bid $1 asking .$1.50

all the markets are over the counter market and fed money auction, there is no auction. it's a facade to say it as 'auctioned' the rates are fixed. and auction with a reserve price is NOT an auction. in a true auction, the highest bid takes the product. and no shill bidding too.

the market is more like flea market with dealers posting their asking and bid to buy and sell 'their stock'

same with the antique or tiffany collection market, it's mostly for money laundering in the exchange like the art market.. it's illiquid market in the art market. very few buyers and sellers. very small market.

try selling those stock in the 'street' and nobody wants it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  3. They're also trying to pawn off "fractional" art ownership to the plebs. https://www.masterworks.io/

4. I should have said the opening cross*... is it possible to get a rebate and participate in the opening cross?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  5. I do not think you can get rebate while participating in opening cross.

6. thx