Is it possible to net $100K a year

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Dominic, May 24, 2004.

1. silk,

are you day trading, or holding overnight?

#11     May 24, 2004
  2. tru dat

#12     May 24, 2004
  3. Dominic

Dominic

Thanks for your reply. Sure its exciting to compute all the numbers and figure out how much you'll have after a 40% per year compound; but to get back to my orginal question, is anyone here on this board actually producing those type of results?

#13     May 24, 2004
  4. silk

silk

You want maximum leverage for day trading. Very little leverage for overnights or mkt will take all your money.

#14     May 24, 2004
  5. silk

silk

Based on about 31 months of daytrading results. I am confident that i can make at least a 5-30% annual return on 3 million in buying power.

So the answer to the thread's question is yes. But only if you have sufficient buying power. As I said before, 100k is not enough and you need to seek other avenues in my opinion to get more buying power.

#15     May 24, 2004
  6. Now factor in UNCLE SAM and be prepared to CRY :p

peace

axeman

#16     May 24, 2004
  7. Kerry

Kerry

What does it matter if someone makes $1 or $1,000,000?

Why should you care? Shouldn't you be focusing on what you need to make that instead of asking others how much they make? Very few people are going to give you their methods on how they make $1,000,000 a year. Don't be foolish.

Its like showing up at a dinner party and you asking each guest how much they make for a living. Then, asking them how exactly do they do it.

How many people really are going to answer your question? How many honestly have here in this thread?

Yours isn't a sign of a winner until you are able to conquer what goes on inside your head.

If you want to be a winner, start acting like it!

#17     May 24, 2004
  8. If after 4 years of trading, you take a loss of 65k on a 100k account (including margin if I understand it well) than, you just have missed some very basic principles that separates the (few) winners from the loosers. It also shows that you haven't learned even the most basic principles about daytrading (cut losses quickly etc.etc.). So conclusion: either you do not want to learn, or you know these things but don't want/cannot apply them. Whatever, if I were you, after 4 years, I just would take out whatever remains and go look for some other, less expensive, excitement.

FWIW

TFD

#18     May 24, 2004
  9. Dominic

Dominic

Maybe in all your wisdom you could go back to the orginal question and answer that. I have made my fair share of mistakes on my path to becoming a profitable trader and have no problem sharing my "failures". Remember, time and chance happen to ALL.

#19     May 24, 2004
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Think you could be jumping to some conclusions here, fd. He concisely and concretely admits he made a bad mistake.

Dominic

05-24-04 09:05 PM
    Re: Re: Is it possible to net $100K a year

The stock still haunts me: PGTV!!! I had 3K shares and didn't apply discipline to the trade. Take a look at the chart over the last year. I was on a roll and got a little to cocky.

I would think he learned a lesson that was harder than most here on ET have had to endure. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

#20     May 24, 2004