Is it possible to make money automated trading?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by kivd, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if you experience slippage then your trading the wrong direction! lol

#31     Dec 31, 2012
  2. It's possible to make money but that really is the least of your worries. I know that most people have problems just having a positive PNL post on their account, but if they ever figure out that problem they will run into another problem. That problem is getting PNL to covers costs both economic and accounting costs, which is quite another story. It's quite easy to be a profitable trader and be like the typical brick and mortar storeowner and just barely get by.

#32     Jan 1, 2013
  3. Your post is about 50% correct.

#33     Jan 1, 2013
  4. If done correctly profits can be over 1 million a day consistently. How to get there: get good grades, and hang out with people in the know. Then work hard to be able to work for a company that makes sick money and realize that these companies exist for a reason.

#34     Feb 6, 2013
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

How do you know when someone is talking out of their depth? They talk in raw dollar amounts.

#35     Feb 7, 2013
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Probably talking roubles, shekels, rupees or something.

#36     Feb 7, 2013
  7. when people can't believe the numbers thats when I know they are poor. Nope these are cold hard USD.

#37     Feb 7, 2013
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Isn't Knight Capital the expert when it comes to automated trading? I suppose we should be soliciting their opinion. :D

#38     Feb 7, 2013