Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sab1234, Oct 28, 2017.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

===Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading===

Impossible !!!

Everybody go home and do not forget to turn off the lights.

#51     Oct 30, 2017
  2. To a degree, trading is about predicting the future....

But not the future as you've described.

#52     Oct 30, 2017
  3. speedo

speedo

:D;)

#53     Oct 30, 2017
    murray t turtle and tommcginnis like this.
  4. d08

d08

Sounds like you're an investor, not a trader. Or perhaps your account is too small to understand liquidity constraints.
    A trader will have a situation where he has just a few minutes to enter a position or the price will move away and the trade should be abandoned as the price is unfavorable. Have you tried putting on a $50k position on a stock that does $5-10m a day? Clearly not because showing such size for an immediate fill will dramatically alter the price.
    Perhaps you imagine everyone here trades ES/SPY or EURUSD in which case you'd be assuming too much.

#54     Oct 30, 2017
  5. speedo

speedo

I have no idea where the Euro will be in 6 months or gold in 3 but I have a better than even idea what direction the equity futures will be going in coming minutes and that's all I need to know.

#55     Oct 30, 2017
  6. Xela

Xela

Words like "knowing" and "predicting" often confuse such conversations. They're all probability-functions, really.

(There are also, often, in forum conversations of this subject, posts offered by people apparently convinced that all the markets are "random" - this always reminds me of the people who "proved" that bees simply cannot fly: it's aerodynamically impossible. Some of them even try fairly strongly to persuade others - or maybe themselves, really? - around to their own stated perspectives … but sometimes it's hard to hear them because of all the bees noisily and visibly flying around their heads while they try to do so.)

#56     Oct 30, 2017
  7. speedo

speedo

:D:thumbsup:

#57     Oct 30, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. Ditto. There is much "randomness and noise" in the markets... but it's not all random.

#58     Oct 30, 2017
  9. schweiz

schweiz

so you are here already over 15 years, still trying to become consistent profitable?
    or not trying anymore, but just to tell that it is impossible?
    what a waste of time for you. you should maybe kick off, go in rehab.

your posting is in conflict with your behavior. staying +15 years to do the impossible.

#59     Oct 30, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. Predicting where prices will be in the future is one of the, if not the, biggest pitfalls in trading.
    If you want to know where prices will be on your dog's birthday, best to ask your dog!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    #60     Oct 30, 2017