Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sab1234, Oct 28, 2017.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Wrong bait means no fish.:(

#41     Oct 28, 2017
  2. Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading

Judge for yourself. Here's my closet. c.jpg

#42     Oct 28, 2017
  3. "Trading is all about your ability to predict the future"..good luck with that.

where will the euro be in 6 months time? what about gold in 3 months time?

#43     Oct 28, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Thats not your closet, thats one of the cargo planes we sent to Iran.

#44     Oct 29, 2017
  5. Truth_

Truth_

I believe the money that is pictured belonged to the late Mr. Escobar.

Cash on planes would be on wooden pallets for movement with a forklift and wrapped, lest a stack start blow'n in the wind (or so l am told, I have no personal knowledge of these events).

#45     Oct 29, 2017
    777 likes this.
  6. DaveV

DaveV

Because no trading strategy is infinitely scalable; or in layman's terms, there is no strategy that will continue to work as more and more money/traders use the strategy. If that were true, ever trader on this forum would stop day trading, start a hedge fund and make billions using the strategy.

#46     Oct 29, 2017
    OldSpec and d08 like this.
  7. tomorton

tomorton

Only true in theory. As private retail traders collectively deploy such limited funds, this is a ludicrous conclusion.

#47     Oct 29, 2017
  8. Jack1960

Jack1960

Sure buy some snake oil that hundreds of education vendors sell and you will be profitable. Real easy.

#48     Oct 29, 2017
  9. IMO positional trading needs more luck than skills to make profits because in trading we have something called stop loss. No amount of skill is enough to control the losses due to the gaps ups and gap downs that mostly tend to hit a decent stop loss. Whether you are strong in TA or FA or news & events or all it does not matter.

Intraday is a different game altogether. There is no gap ups and gap downs here. There is sufficient room for skills in intraday to look for trend or range and play the game effectively because the game is encapsuled within the day and no news & events or FA matters. Only "plain" day's chart (without indicators) matters here. More the skillful trader you are more consistent your profits are. Btw do you believe in skills? Most people dont like my posts because I talk common sense. Seems like less than 1% of traders use common sense while trading.

The only possible focus of the intraday market is to test the current collective market perception. The test is practically based on trial and error method which is reflected as highs and lows on day's chart. Its that simple yet it is common sense which is a rare thing in market. Probably more than 99% use intelligence as primary source for decision making and less than 1% use common sense as primary source.

Common sense is a blend of intuition, insights and creativity that oozes out of ones heart. Head strong people put their mind on top and suppress their heart and there by block their common sense. Those who follow their heart and tame their head are legends, professionals and genius.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    #49     Oct 30, 2017
    tortoise likes this.
  10. schweiz

schweiz

even being seconds ahead can generate millions, so your vision on the aspect of time is wrong.
    traders work much faster than painters.

#50     Oct 30, 2017
    DaveV likes this.