Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sab1234, Oct 28, 2017.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You just put the Online Trading Academy jokers out of business -- especially that funny little part about "Use stops." Killer. :wtf::rolleyes::thumbsup:

#21     Oct 28, 2017
  2. :)

I got an email this week from a solicitor saying their service would reveal the "greatest indicator" for making money.

It was "buy support". LOL! You mean... only the smartest people with the most expensive advice know that and try to keep it a secret until they get paid to tell you?

#22     Oct 28, 2017
  3. Are you going to sue them for stealing that from you?

#23     Oct 28, 2017
  4. I get solicitations from them vial snail mail seem like once a month... is that their deal, "buy support"? My wife always asks, "do you want this thing from Online Trading Academy"?

#24     Oct 28, 2017
  5. jl1575

jl1575

The hard part is to define "support" or the other, to identify the real one from the fake one.

#25     Oct 28, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  6. d08

d08

It's very simple. I'm already struggling for liquidity with some stocks, a trader on the same side as me at the same time is direct competition for me, providing me a worse entry price and therefore lower profit.
    This is a public forum and revealing something means tens of people, possibly thousands will try to imitate the strategy. Effectively this means I give up trading the strategy a there is no profit left.
    That argument aside, as @learner2007 said, why would I give my work away for a stranger who just wants freebies for nothing? Study, fail, suffer, learn, progress - do what the rest of us do.

#26     Oct 28, 2017
  7. tomorton

tomorton

Well that's just ignorant isnit?

#27     Oct 28, 2017
  8. tomorton

tomorton

If you're in a low liquidity environment, that's a really good reason to keep your cards close to your chest. I would only do the same.

#28     Oct 28, 2017
  9. tomorton

tomorton

And that's exactly my point - no trader knows it all. I've been doing some successful trading but can say I have definitely learned to trade better in proportion to my opening up about what I'm doing. Other traders come back and I don;t know how successful they are if at all but they do bring a different perspective and factors that maybe I had discounted.

I think forum's are a give and take situation and I've found the more I give, the more I am given back.

#29     Oct 28, 2017
  10. tomorton

tomorton

The world is full of honest people. And lawyers.

#30     Oct 28, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.