Is it possible to make consistent profits from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sab1234, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Esha.J

Esha.J

In order to be a successful and profitable forex trader, in the long run, The trading system should be profitable for a long time and must be simple and easy to apply.

#101     Dec 7, 2017
  2. tortoise

tortoise

High accuracy, small targets, massive patience, methodical self-awareness.

That's been my ticket.

#102     Dec 7, 2017
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Are u Borat?

#103     Dec 7, 2017
    schweiz likes this.
  4. Esha.J

Esha.J

What do you mean by borat?

#104     Dec 11, 2017
  5. speedo

speedo

Yes but the ratio of smack to coke is paramount.

#105     Dec 12, 2017
    sle likes this.
  6. Xela

Xela

That's what RSI measures, though, isn't it? [​IMG]

#106     Dec 12, 2017
    speedo likes this.
  7. speedo

speedo

Or George Lane with stochastics.

#107     Dec 12, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  8. speedo

speedo

:D

#108     Dec 12, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Gotta' love those testimonials. Completely unbiased! Here's how he used to roll, maybe he still does?

"
    • Customer agrees to refer two new customers to "ATS", and to promote the system.
    • Customer agrees to provide "ATS" with a brief testimonial on the system.
    • Customer agrees to act as a referral for the system, when required by "ATS"."

#109     Dec 12, 2017
  10. Yes, you can generate profits constantly in any market condition, but in order to do that you need years of hard working to pratice and improving your skills. Common indicators like RSI, MACD and etc. do work well, but how you use them in your trading system to achieve your trading objectives are something you have to keep testing.

As you grow older with this trading business, you will realize how important it's to manage risks with discipline BEFORE PROFITS. For each trade you are about to enter, your first priority is to ask yourself how much risks you are dealing with so that you know a) how much capital to put into that trade, b) where your stop loss is and c) when to exit your trades to lock in profits.

I started TopStepTrader (after reading ET posts about it) in October as a challenge to myself to see how well I can do in their program. I'm currently in level 2/FTP and since I've to follow their scaling plan which means it takes longer to pass. Anyway, I decided to share below screenshot to prove that a) below record is true and b) you can generate profits consistently. Regarding to a losing trade from that screenshot, it was a profitable trade at first. It ended up to become a losing trade because I was distracted to answer a doorbell from my neighbor while chatting with him.

Good luck to all.

Untitled1.png
    Untitled2.png

#110     Dec 13, 2017