is it possible to make $ by trading w/ a guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sky123987, Mar 24, 2008.

1. This is quite true. I examined a huge number of systems/vendors, and would say perhaps 1-2% have value. And those that work do not usually last so long.

#11     Mar 24, 2008
  2. Traderzones... see what you just stated.. you stated that you looked at numerous systems and they didn't work. I totally agree with you. However, you just taught someone about trading systems, and you are the one that did the research. The people who read this post got a benefit from your information so long as they deem it reliable.

This is where I disagree with you about gurus or mentors etc. You can go out and learn all about systems on your own. Back test them, trade them, read them, etc. all of that takes an enormous amount of time and knowledge as well as money. Time is also money. You kind of contradict yourself because you gave out valid information (guru) on systems.

One thing to rememner is there is no holy grail or secret to any type of trading unless you have insider information. Trading is not that black and white.. it is gray. I do not condone spending hundreds of dollars on someone teaching you their system because Tiger Woods can show you how to putt exactly as he does; however, under pressure you most likely won't have the innate and learned skillset that he does.

I am a trading mentor, and I think you should try to find someone who will tell you the basics and cut through all the Bullshit that resides on the internet. Every person I know who became successful very quickly had a mentor. I tis possible to get there on your own, but the path is very long and expensive.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want me to look at the guru's web page or if you want me to try and help you or answer any questions you have.

#12     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach him to fish, feed him for life. In general gurus don't teach you to fish, they just give you a fish eyeball every once in a while. It will nourish you, but it's not very good.

#13     Mar 24, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

blah blah blah blah, excuse me while I wipe my ass.

Yes, in some cases you can. Not everyone out there is an evil doer trying to take advantage of the poor stupid and naive.

#14     Mar 24, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Here's what I'll do. I want three traders who are breaking even or slightly negative on equitity. Send me something about why your in the market, and why I should help you. 100% free, and we will document it here on ET. Keep in mind that I have sore boobs, so we may not have the most regular of scheduals, but I will work with ya.

#15     Mar 24, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

offer still vaild

#16     Mar 25, 2008
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Trading is a game where you can and do learn the basics from others, but in the end you have to find your own way. Sad to say, Very many "gurus", if not practically all, are charlatans.

Brandonf. That is a very fair and generous offer. Would like to see you carry through with it. Hope you have some takers.

As an aside, when the market is boring as hell, as it is this am, ET is a nice way to waste time.

#17     Mar 25, 2008
  8. ssblack

ssblack

BNB, is that you?

#18     Mar 25, 2008
  9. Fangdog

Fangdog

jaytrader, you are right, it does take many hours, days months, and even years to develop a trading system or technique on your own. I too feel a good mentor is the way to go, if you can find one.

Once you have something concrete which suits your psychological make-up, then you are on your own. It is good to have someone with support, but you both have to be on the same page and this is hard to find. Ultimately, trading is 95% psychological and it is the reason so many fail, it is not the system or technique they use, but their own mental adaptation or inability to adapt, IMO.

#19     Mar 25, 2008
  10. I have been trading for 20 years. My point was not that I am in the market for a "guru." And I would say that the chance that you would offer a working method is in the same 1-2% odds, since I know nothing about you.

The point was that almost none of them work, based on a very serious and longterm examination.

#20     Mar 25, 2008