Is it possible to make $50 to $70 per day with a 4K account in YM ??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jimmygold, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Yeah, they haven't figured-out how to do it, so they think no one can ...

and they get angry when others say it's possible allright, and then some. :)

Pretty sad, especially Kevin (oh you can only make about $4 a day) Schit, and I'll bet you $100,000 that you can't!

Welcome to 5th grade.

JJ

#51     Apr 18, 2007
  2. johnk49

johnk49

#52     Apr 18, 2007
  3. 30% annual trading what? Making 1.5% (average) consistently trading futures is not hard. But yes, you do need to be disciplined trader. If you were a disciplined futures trader you'd know that 1.5% is not hard to do. No offense.

As for this hedgie comparison... it's a BS argument. Hedgies, institutionals, etc do not day-trade. Due to size, they cannot move in and out in a nimble fashion. The same applies to a retail futures day-trader with a large account. Concentration in one market becomes difficult. Best to re-balance account when concentration adds rather than decreases risk.

BTW; 1.5% daily is not 4000% annual. The widely recognized calculation is based on 20 trading days a month, 220 trading days per year.

#53     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Finally some good advice on the subject!

#54     Apr 18, 2007
  5. john99

john99

I agree with Johnk49 and Jimmy Jam.

Quotetracker is awesome software.

I believe it's possible to make $50 a day on ym with 4k if you already had the experience. However, it would be easier to do if you traded 2 contracts, because it is unlikely your first entry will be correct. Having a second contract to trade makes a big difference.

#55     Apr 18, 2007
  6. GTS

GTS

So the correct number is 430%?

=(4000+60*220)/4000

Still an eye-popping number and the kind of return that would allow one to become a millionaire fairly quickly before any slippage issues due to trading size became a problem in YM (note that I am not making a "would own the planet in XX days if compounded" argument here)

Sorry, I'm in the "possible but very very unlikely" camp myself.

#56     Apr 18, 2007
  7. There are times when the YM futures options, for example,
    are very quiet. At such times, even though they are open
    for trading, there are no bids to clear out. Last night I was
    the only bid in the Apr 12800 puts, at a number far below
    fair value. It would have been easy for me to hit my own
    bid from another account. This morning, when both positions
    were marked to market, the transfer would have been
    effected.

#57     Apr 18, 2007
  8. GTS

GTS

Errr, ok, but we are talking about YM futures trading here, not YM future options - are we not?

#58     Apr 18, 2007
  9. It's OK, he's a little confused. :confused:

#59     Apr 18, 2007
  10. For you JJ, the offer is still open.

Don't make unsupportable claims, and you won't
    be called out.

#60     Apr 18, 2007