Is it possible to make $50 to $70 per day with a 4K account in YM ??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jimmygold, Apr 17, 2007.

1. easily u can

#21     Apr 18, 2007
  2. SarahG

SarahG

I think they can make 1% on a 4K account. But not every day. Maybe only 2 days a week. And yes they are taking huge risks. It's more like Gambling instead of trading.

#22     Apr 18, 2007
  3. I think you can have $50 / day as your objective (rather than a requirement or expecatation) but realize that some days the market isn't going to give you low risk opportunities. Other days, you may make much more than $50. Also, you should define what the maximum amount is that you're willing to lose in a day, week or month and then what the consequences of doing so are.

#23     Apr 18, 2007
  4. GTS

GTS

You neglected to mention on the days they don't making 1%, they lose 2% (or more)... Its not a question of make 1% per day once in a while, you need to make 1% per day AVERAGE, one bad losing day can wipe out many days of winners

#24     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

Yes this is a very realistic expectation and more newbie's need to have this attitude.

I would ADD one more condition before I would consider this possible.

NEVER EVER lose more then $60 on any given day.

If your methods can incorporate this successfully your goals are achievable.

Good luck

#25     Apr 18, 2007
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Actually if you consider the YM's true value which is ~ 63k, your return would be around 24% annual.

#26     Apr 18, 2007
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Does the bet still apply if one takes 4k to 19k in less than 30 days ?

#27     Apr 18, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

To the OP, yes it is possible to avg $60 but only if you focus on making good trades and not on a monetary amount. It will not happen everyday. Some days will be more, some wll be less, some will be losses. From your original post, it seems you are wanting to do this because of boredom which can lead to forcing trades because you are anxious to always be in the market. While trading on the sim, what size stop are you using ? What is the max intraday drawdown you are willing to take before quitting for the day?

#28     Apr 18, 2007
  9. Yes, it's possible but also you have to consider possibility of losing. In trading everything is possible but being so undercapitalized is a big disadvantage. I would suggest at least six months profitable sim trading and starting with at least $ 20k trading only one contract.

#29     Apr 18, 2007
  10. I hope you realize both parties would have to show that they have $100,000 to bet.

#30     Apr 18, 2007