Is it possible to make $50 to $70 per day with a 4K account in YM ??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jimmygold, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Here.

Let your skillz and ability answer the question for you. :cool:

JJ

#11     Apr 18, 2007
  2. Ok JimmyJ, prove it. I'll fund the account at 4k. You trade
    it for one year, 250 days, no compoundng. You and I each
    escrow $100k. If you have averaged $60 or more a day
    for the year, you get the $200k, otherwise I do. You can
    also keep whatever is left in the trading account, whether
    you win or lose.

Time to show us what you can do! Get off of your Dad's
    paper trading account at IB and swing real money! Think
    about it, this is your big chance!

#12     Apr 18, 2007
  3. If you're aiming for $60 per day, there's a 100% chance you will clean out your account within several months.

$60/day is 4200% pear year compounded. Suuure, that's realistic.

Better to spend the $4k on strippers, at least you'll get some fun out of it

#13     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Here's a little inspiration:

5k a month on 20k

JJ

P.S. Once you get the technicals down, trading is pretty much a psychological game. It's very important that you stay focused and positive. In other words, don't listen to the people who haven't figured-out how to do it, because they don't belive it's possible ...

So only listen to the traders who have.

#14     Apr 18, 2007
  5. SarahG

SarahG

Can I have that chance too. I want to trade with somebody elses money. I think I can do it too.

#15     Apr 18, 2007
  6. SarahG

SarahG

Your moms listening.

#16     Apr 18, 2007
  7. :)

#17     Apr 18, 2007
  8. asap

asap

when setting objectives, it all comes down to realism. if one sets a $60/$4000=1.5% profit target per day, then it is doom to blow out. Professionals make around 50% a year with max DD close to 15% and no risk of ruin. Obviously, those pro's could return 100 or 200% instead, but only at expense of having unbearable risks of ruin and unacceptable DDs.

so, if you really want to seriously manage an account try to establish risk reward parameters that allow you achieve a profitable track record in the long run, not in a week, month or even year.

I understand that since $4K is just peanuts, the trader is compelled to take additional risks so she can grow the account value ten fold, before applying sound risk management principles. I guess that's OK, but keep in mind that, making 1.5% each and every day for a extended period of time is as difficult finding a needle in a haystack.

#18     Apr 18, 2007
  9. NICE ONE!!!!!!!! All the elite traders, here's 100k for free!!!!! Zero risk money!!!! Who's gonna grab it!!!! It's so easy!!!

#19     Apr 18, 2007
  10. notouch

notouch

I hope you didn't miss the part about it being a $100,000 bet.

#20     Apr 18, 2007