Is it possible to "JUST" tape-read

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neisykay, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Tape reading is very important, but with reserved and discretionary orders it makes it very, very difficult. The fact that someone is witting a book about it shows me that it is anticipated that more money will be made by selling the book than using the strategy. :)

#51     Jul 20, 2003
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

blah blah blah blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan.

#52     Jul 20, 2003
  3. Lovelitera

Lovelitera Guest

There is definitely a rithm to it. If you have rithm try

#53     Jul 20, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

"Witting a book"? Does that entail finding a dull book and making it funny?

#54     Jul 20, 2003
  5. No! it don't have to be funny, just needs a flashy cover. Is all about packaging - marketing.

#55     Jul 20, 2003
  6. Threei

Threei

If you cared to read entire discussion you'd see that tape reading we apply has nothing to do with "reserved and discretionary orders".
    If you cared to learn a bit about "someone" you rush to slap, you'd see that this "someone" has not just decided to write a book about it, but works on reviving of this method of reading for several years. You'd also see that he has proven trading record posted on his website.
    Maybe if you did all that homework you wouldn't make those hasty assumptions.

#56     Jul 20, 2003
  7. excuse my igonrance and arrogance. I will compensate by buying it once its out. Just read Reminicences of a Stock Operator. Livingstone does some tape reading too, and he's better at it in the bucket shops.

I would be gratefull if you could clear me up or give me a link as to how discretionary and reserved has nothing to do with tape reading.

Perhaps I am confusing those order types with advanced orders. Does tape reading refer to Time & Sales or to Level II. If you can conceal share volume (as with Tradestation 7) "Show orders only" and what about "NON-Display Orders" conceal your orders altogether. How can tape reading account or those types of orders?

#57     Jul 20, 2003
  8. make a market.

#58     Jul 20, 2003
  9. Threei

Threei

Sorry, I've already answered this on this very thread. We do not use T&S or Level 2 other than for fine-tuning of entries and exits. We apply PRINCIPLES of tape reading using other MEDIUM than original tape. Really, why don't you go over previous discussion before jumping to conclusions or requesting to post it all once again for you?

#59     Jul 20, 2003
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Because that takes a bit of effort.

#60     Jul 20, 2003