Is it possible to "JUST" tape-read

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neisykay, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Threei

Threei

Thank you. Still can't believe it's done, trading is way easier than work with editors, LOL. As much as I hated most of their corrections, I have to admit though, book became more clean and clear when they were through with us.

As for NYSE... I wouldn't know that, we are NASDAQ guys :)

#11     Jul 17, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

True. Wyckoff has "worked" for a hundred years. And so few people pay attention.

#12     Jul 17, 2003
  3. one of the things i learned early on is that trading a system that fits your personality is key -

i don't have a personality to spend lots of time programming and trading hundreds of trades a day - i do have a personality that sees moves develop early - and i do have discipline (well i can have it) -

just wondering if it is just too hard to compete against the people who are pumping out scores of trades on the opening etc. or are there still people who trade by their wits - even in the world of computers.

am i being too naive?

DKS

#13     Jul 17, 2003
  4. Jake777

Jake777

What counts is the money that you made at the end of the day, right? Now you could do a whole lot of small winners or have one big winner and get to the same dollar amount.

You could just make one trade a day and blow everyone out of the water (if you use enough size).

I personally think that using your wits and not relying on computers (I'm not knocking any software or indicators; I use them, too) can make you a better trader. Even mechanical systems still need a person to make decisions.

Jake

#14     Jul 17, 2003
  5. FinStat

FinStat

LOL........GARP :eek:

#15     Jul 17, 2003
  6. If you realized that over 90% of the working population still believe this crap, you wouldn't be laughing so loud :(

~Scientist

#16     Jul 17, 2003
  7. paulus

paulus

hu ... scientist

did you get my PM ?
    paulus

#17     Jul 17, 2003
  8. DaveN

DaveN

Has the book been released for sale? I'd like to see it. Any info private or public would be appreciated. Thanks!

#18     Jul 17, 2003
  9. Threei

Threei

It is available on Amazon and several others for pre-order, should be out at the end of August. The title is Techniques of Tape Reading. Not sure whether I am allowed to post direct link, sorry :)

#19     Jul 17, 2003
  10. Yes you can post a direct link no worries :)

~Scientist

#20     Jul 17, 2003