Is it possible to have an edge just entering the market

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ProgrammerGuy, May 15, 2008.

1. Is it possible to have an edge where you edge is just an order execution algorithm? Like if you were to pick random times to enter would it be possible that you could actually make money in the long run just by "working the order" or in other words is it possible to have 0 cost of entering in & out of the market?

2. Become a market maker, as they always buy on the bid and sell on the ask the cost of entry is always negative.

3. Plenty of people have martingale/antimartingale, money management and other theories. In addition, there are problems with trading costs as well.

Also, one would think that investment banks, hedge funds and other institutions would be able to implement this if it really worked. They certainly have the research facilities.

From what I have seen, it would be unlikely

4. Traderzones has a bad habit of being wrong.

I called for a huge rally 700 dow points ago. He laughed.

He's wrong on this too.

Not surprisingly.

5. Your proposal sounds like gambling to me. I only gamble when I drive. I use probabilities when I trade.

If you have a working and profitable system, and are now bored with it, throw a contract into the wind and see where it goes, take notes, and answer your own question. Or just go find an Aussie redhead for a weekend, then come Monday morning market open your head should be much clearer.