Is it possible to have a system that works with 3min charts but not 2min charts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Feb 16, 2007.

1. =====================================
    2] He[ turtle link]] used the fund manager robust illustration of not buying a suit to tight, since if you gain what was it, 2 pounds;
    you are in trouble:D

3] Put it simple,could you figure something profitable out with 3 minute candle charts;
    trading ''only ''on trend days,
    using 3 minute charts/3 hour /3 year plus charts????.

3.3] High probibility you could;
    whether you have the discipline to trade the few days per month on it is another question. Whether you have the personality & wisdom to sell/buy/identify downtrends or up trends is another question also.

3.33]And unless you work for a trading company in Nevada or Chicago/NY;agree with Natdog who warned about business exspenses[comissions].

Again;
    See[3]
    :cool:

#11     Feb 17, 2007
  2. I agree that the opposite result you get with 2m and 3m time frames is not a good sign indeed. However, first, if I were you, I would drill down and attempt to discover the underlying factors that are involved. Merely observing that 3m is "profitable", but 2m is "unprofitable" is just step one and doesn't help you make progress.

Second, Michael "fake Turtle" Covel's quote of a definition of a robust trading system at that link is, well, utter rubbish. The same system MUST still work on bonds, Euro and corn, let alone with any set of parameters? Right. That's not a "loose-fitting suit" ready for a 2-pound weight gain... that's a 100-pound potato sack, complete with blindfolds and earplugs, that his friend is wearing.

#12     Feb 17, 2007