is it possible to get stock quotes on smart watches?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RGLD, May 22, 2018.

1. RGLD

RGLD

Does the watch itself need any installed software? When you link your phone to your smartwatch, does that mean whatever apps you see on your phone is on your watch?

Has anyone ever owned a smart watch before or have traded on a watch?

2. S2007S

S2007S

Never owned a smart watch.... they are overrated.....with a smartphone you don't need a smartwatch to trade or get quotes .....

dealmaker likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trying to sneak daytrades via your watch while at work I bet, just really checking the time, it's just a watch routine LOL

too small for charts, too slow to stream price data, just got a small not flash looking smart phone, I just trade off my Ipad Pro at work personally.

4. RGLD

RGLD

I apologize for being too subtle. Frankly i need something I can hide so my employer doesn't think i'm DTing during office hours.

I completely agree with smart phones > smart watch. Except in situations where you want to hide. Smart watch Trump's all.

5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Read above beat you to it LOL

6. RGLD

RGLD

You got a Ipad at work then you're not even hiding it. Lol.I don't need charts or to place trades I have my phone for that. What I need is RT pricing - which I assume could be linked to my phone via bluetooth? If my phone is RT to the watch, the pricing should match no?

7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yeah screw em, if they want to keep me, they don't monitor me too much :)

Screen Mirroring software ???

8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Seriously...you should not be day trading from work especially if you think you will get into trouble if caught doing such.

Day trade before work, during lunch on your free time or after work. If you can't do that...find another job that fits your trading schedule or change your work hours.

wrbtrader

10. clacy

clacy

My advice is trade in a longer term timeframe so you can trade much less frequently and not need to watch the market during work hours.

Or you could switch to future or forex and trade at night.

#10     May 23, 2018