is it possible to cut in line on the bid/ask que

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chewbacca, Jul 6, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

Screw old jack. A bunch of jibberish if you ask me.

#41     Jul 8, 2007
  2. Yeah, is the OP suggesting he should get filled on a buy on the bid price? I've never been filled on the ES buying on the bid.

#42     Jul 8, 2007
  3. Are you saying that you have to lift the offer every time (market order)?

You can most definitely get filled on a bid in the ES. You just have to remember that it is a liquid product and is the monster future index product of the world. If you want to get filled early at a price, you need to get in the queue early on and make sure your software is not refreshing the order.

Other things to remember:

- if you REDUCE the size of your existing bid/offer, you will not lose your spot in the queue as long as your software is sending a "change" request to the matching engine. If your software cancels the existing order and puts in a new order with less quantity then you go to the back of the queue again.

- if you INCREASE the size of your existing bid/offer, then you will go to the back of the queue as if you had entered the order for the first time. The best way to handle this is to leave the original order in and then to place a new order at the same price so that you don't lose your spot for the first order.

These are very important details to know when trading a liquid product. Such details are not as significant when in the YM, ER2, EMD, FDAX, etc.

Good luck,
    FT71/TheRock71

#43     Jul 9, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Ok, I probably should stay out of detailed conversations, I just test systems and see what happens via IB or Tradestation actually. If I was missing a lot of fills with limit orders I would try market orders and if that didn't work.... dang...

#44     Jul 9, 2007
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Really interesting FuturesTrader71, I didn't know those things on reducing/increasing size and calendar spreads. It's definitely useful for those trading calendars spreads.I believe you are talking about spread orders like TT's autospreader are offering, is there other software that provides those kind of readjusted limit spread orders?Thanks.

Someone said that it was easier to get filled on ER2 and YM than ES. Have you got some statistics about it? It must be true since DOM levels/ average T§S fills are really thinner compared to the ES.

#45     Jul 9, 2007
  6. The spread order can be input through Globex and is available to any platform that can handle it. It is not necessary to use TT. TT simply takes advantage of what is already there.

Yes, it is always easier to get filled in a thinner market. That is logical. If you only have 30 on the bid and you put your order in there, then it is likely to fill you once price comes to it. I have always used PIQ (since the day I finally got it programmed) for that reason. It pretty accurately let's me know where I am in the queue within reason.

#46     Jul 9, 2007

7. WOW you need to smoke a big blunt, while listening to Bob M and calm down. Living in East Germany sure had made you jumpy.
    Nobody is claiming that Jack is a saint, but he is a human being and should be respected. So pipe down and let him breath.

Remember Love not War. Of all the nationalities you should try to follow this advice.

#47     Jul 11, 2007

8. If you want to screw him, well.... different strokes for different .... Just do not call him names.

Simple!:D

#48     Jul 11, 2007
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I assume this spread order matching is only for calendars. Is there such rules for intermarket spreads? On CME price banding, it seems that only calendar spreads are in the list whereas on CBOT , different interest rates ( 5,10,30 year ) are in the same section so I don't know if it applies to a cross market spread. I believe not, but i'm not sure.

#49     Jul 12, 2007
  10. nitro

nitro

It is easy to state. Another to write the software to support any number of updates, in any order. I have written 90% of an order manager software that does exactly this [and much more]. The hard part is the update (insert and cancel are trivial), but I am nearly finished with that too.

The way it presents the information is neat too...Soon I will rule the friggin markets muahahah.

nitro

#50     Jul 12, 2007