is it possible to cut in line on the bid/ask que

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chewbacca, Jul 6, 2007.

1. that is a major edge in a thick market like ES with a relatively large spread (12.5 vs 5/5/10 on nq/ym/er2). googled 'preferred market maker' on google and et and really couldn't find anything.

#11     Jul 6, 2007
  2. smoss

smoss

#12     Jul 6, 2007
  3. My orders are filled instantly.

This is because I am in the market all of the time and I feel it is necessary to do a trade at the right time.

You are doing trades at the "right" price.

For me the price is relatively unimportant compared to the time I trade.

Entering and exiting is less effective, in my opinion, than being in the market on the right side of a trade all of the time.

When I look at a wall on the DOM and see price coming to it, I know price is not going to go through the wall. therefore I change sides of the market each time price comes to a wall on the DOM.

You may be putting on an order on the other side of a wall and waiting for price to get across the wall after it has got to the wall reversed, and completed another traverse back to the place where your order has been put. for comparison, I probably did a trade at the wall (reversed, went away from the wall to another wall and reversed there, and travelled back to where your order was filled. we would now be in and on the same side of the market going along making a profit in parallel. But in the time before you entered after you placed the order, I did two reversals at one profit or another each.

I cut in line all the time. There is no other way to trade, in my opinion. When I need to reverse, I reverse insatntly except when I can only get partial fills. All the partial fills are also done instantly. I time the partial fills so I do not disturb the market and I do them according to whether the market is in an even or odd harmonic.

You may wish to take a look at how the market operates. Many people put on limit orders. Other people take those orders by cutting in line opposite the order you are seeing. Look at the T&S to see these opposite orders eating away at the limit orders that are showing.

The minority is always being eaten away. That is because those who are coming into the market on the right side of the market are coming in by cutting in line on the right side of the market.

There are four kinds of games being played on the level II which shows on the DOM. You can see the "effects" of the combination of the games by looking at "pulls" and "adds". They occur on the units, tens, hundreds and thousands levels of the DOM, most often at or near the BBid BAsk values.

You may find as a consequence of these things that your order which is a "sitting" order is passed and you get a bad fill aftr your order becomes one like the kind I use: a market order. At that time you will see yourself on the T&S.

If the orders going through are in the 250 range and I am holding 250, I have to do five 100 markets to reverse my 250 position. So I do since it is not possible to easily do a 500 reverse to change sides with the 250 position. I separate the partials by using a script (code) to space the orders to get immediate fills all depending on which harmonic (odd or even) is in play.

#13     Jul 6, 2007
  4. Excellent thoughts Jack.

Do you mind expanding on 'the wall' and the manner in which you treat the DOM, some of us are struggling to keep up.

#14     Jul 6, 2007
  5. insert

insert

Jack I am sick and tired of you

NOT ALL ETers are god damn noobs

your trading strategy is inferior to mine.

except you got more money, more leverage.

its not your trading that bothers me as much but your philosophy of worship

YOU DON'T want to explain it in simple terms to noobs

so you have them follow you like puppies

KNOW THIS JACK, they don't really want YOU they only want your hard earned knowledge

#15     Jul 6, 2007
  6. GTS

GTS

I'd don't believe that is possible.

Hypothetical Situation:
    Bid/Ask = 100.00/101.00 with volume of 50 each

You place an order to buy @ bid (100), bid volume changes to 51

Without any trades going off you see the bid volume go up to 80, down to 40 then back to 50.

What is your place in the queue now?

Unless there is some emini futures data feed option that I've never heard about it is not possible to answer that question with anything other then "no worse then position 40", meaning you cannot know your exact position in the queue.

#16     Jul 6, 2007
    #17     Jul 6, 2007
  8. insert

insert

Here is how I imitate Jack

check this out !!!!

the triviality of infinity of position sizing is as important as the eventual outcome. That means that once the profit is locked the gains can only be interpreted as monochordial outcome. For if one was to assume vice versa the only outcome possible then would be what the trader previously assumed.

WOLA :D

#18     Jul 6, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Actually it looks like it does apply to the ES, click on the "CME Globex price banding by product" link. The ES, NQ, all that good stuff is listed there.

They state that the reason for the algorithm is to increase liquidity, like the ES is thinly traded..

#19     Jul 8, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

I could follow what you said!!!! I've spent too much time on ET for sure. Where are those meds? Dang they make me feel good, and the OCD stuff just becomes unimportant.....

#20     Jul 8, 2007