Is it possible to consistently make $5000 a month trading 2 index futures contracts per trade ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by etradeqeko, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

Is it possible to consistently make $5000 a month trading 2 index futures contracts per trade ?

Or

How many index futures contracts do we need trade in each trade in order to consistently make $5000 A month

Thank you

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. nickynoes

nickynoes

Yes.

There are so many variables that determine the outcome of your trading that any one on it’s own, ie position size, is useless in forecasting it.

You can take a 1 point profit trade on 100 lots or 100 points profit on 1 lot, make 1 trade a day or 1 a month for example.

To calculate average profit per month you need to know your expectancy or even better the SQN score of your strategy.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    etradeqeko likes this.
  3. schweiz

schweiz

read carefully what he asked, you answer is irrelevant:

If your profit is net 2.5 points every day you make 5K in 20 trading days.
    Looks easy but is not for most of the people.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Maths wise easy, its nothing, but been working on this for 15years and been 3 years since I cleared 5k, markets are tricky to master.

5. Hi Turvetd

Do you mean to say you have been making ~ $5k or more since 3 years ? If yes, how many lots do you trade per trade ?

Thank you

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

No only had 1, 5K month in the last 15years, which was 3 years ago.

Profitable again at the moment, so hopefully kick some ass soon, but it's a long long long hard journey, everyone thinks it's going to be easy, but markets play tricks, greed and fear will kick your ass.

tortoise likes this.
  7. Yes. But I do not have a track record to back it up...I have not even gone "live" yet.

But you can make 5k/Mo. per two contracts trading the ES. But why stop there? The market does not know your condition.

ES

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    TraderEX, SimpleMeLike and etradeqeko like this.
  8. I think the real question is how quickly can you lose all your money trading 2 contracts at a time, and how many contracts do you have to trade to lose all your money within a week.

TTT, ftrexx1, greg500 and 1 other person like this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

If you ignore the "Or" part that followed.

nickynoes likes this.
  10. schweiz

schweiz

His title is different from what he is posting in his first posting.

His "OR" part in his first posting has even incomplete information:
    "How many index futures contracts do we need trade in each trade in order to consistently make $5000 A month"

If he wants to know how many contracts he needs to trade in each trade, he should tell the number of trades. Without the number of trades you cannot answer how many contracts he should trade.

#10     Aug 8, 2018