Is it possible to become rich by trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by johnmmf, Jan 31, 2018.

1. %%
    I liked his son JFK, tax cutter+ his sons silver% 00.50. Sorry to have to correct you, but putting it all in RE is not proper diversification+good year, but that may be a lotto/gambling deal, 3 years in a month.....??
    As far as insurance, sure on some stuff, sure if the law requires on it= some do LOL.I do have a Texas bias , but the '' quick wealth'' TX size, oil, wealth ranching took decades to make unless your dad gave it to you. And while the Dow/DIA made some great gains, not near 2 years in this month, but congrats on this month+ QQQ did better.Good thing about being young =you may live to make new highs, from too much TX size risk/ taking too much risk, ITM:caution::cool:

#31     Jan 31, 2018
  2. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Traders are master of universe. If you take away all their money and assets today, they have the ability to grow all their capital plus more in couple of years. They have real skills and knowledge of know-how just like millionaires and billionaires having the real knowledge of making money.

Some traders are happy with a billion dollar. Some are happy with a million. Still others are happy to make enough to scrap by. They quit the game when they make enough to do whatever they want to do. Life is very short. Most traders value time and freedom more than money. Money is a mean to end.

#32     Jan 31, 2018
    Pita and comagnum like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Ahh, greeks. That's an options thing, yeah? Maybe if you had posed the question like this...

"Is it possible to become rich by trading options?", and posted it in the options forum and couched your "de-correlating asset classes" as you call them into a coherent and well-thought-out summation of what your idea about it all is, maybe you would have received more cogent responses.

Just a guess.

P.S. I think the word you are looking for in your context is "uncorrelated" asset classes.

You cannot decorrelate asset classes which are already correlated. They do not do so just because you want your algo make them do it.

#33     Jan 31, 2018
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Read Market Wizards, Super Traders, Master Traders or any of the success books. You'll probably come to a couple of conclusions -
    1. Some very smart people see an opportunity and capitalize on it
    2. Rare events occur and some people may call this luck
    3. A great many work hard, learn and do O.K.
    4. A great many fail
    5. The secret to getting rich is learning how not to get poor - risk management !
    6. Education is everything
    Citadel started in a dorm room - Hull at a blackjack table.

#34     Jan 31, 2018
    ironchef and murray t turtle like this.
  5. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

No one wants to dedicate 10 years to finding an edge. They listen to trading gurus and then give up.

#35     Jan 31, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  6. Pita

Pita

don't mean to be rude but are you and El Cubano philosophers or traders. If the latter then why contribute this way?
    Sure rich and rich is not the same but trading is not about morals or compassion, it's about taking money off the playground. Determination is what counts and not a conscience conflict whether it's deserved or not.

#36     Jan 31, 2018
  7. Visaria

Visaria

Um, yeah, that's what i said...rich alludes to material wealth which is what the OP is talking about.

#37     Jan 31, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Pita

Pita

how would you know, haven't heard of him since.

#38     Jan 31, 2018
  9. %%
    Possible, but the[debtors mostly] who lost it buy/redeem most tax property, if its any good. Could work, unless you live in sand state + we have 2008 again, which is possible but a bear market happens more in stocks than RE.I dont consider TX a sand state.AS far as making/ keeping 2 or 3 years in profit in one month..... that could work with with 300..... in Dallas TX. 300 acres in downtown Dallas, but that that is an old joke .:DLOL

#39     Jan 31, 2018
  10. I wasn't the OP
    Merely responded to the OP suggesting that once you make immense amount of wealth through trading, you diversify. By "de-correlate", i used it as a verb form to take asset classes and try to uncorrelate it from assets in the market.

#40     Jan 31, 2018