Is it possible to become rich by trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by johnmmf, Jan 31, 2018.

1. ktm

ktm

The answer is yes.

My broker, my fellow traders and those on the other side of my trades have become fabulously rich over the years via my charitable trading practices. Fortunately for you people, I still have more money to give away.

#11     Jan 31, 2018
  2. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

I never said I was successful at start.
    Took me years and years to understand that this was about ego, psycho and process.
    Seems everyone is successful with you. "Make 2/3 years of salary in only one month".
    Trading is "easy", "easy money" after months of trading, then buy real estate (wow).
    And you are wrong. Trading is simple but not easy.
    I only say a basic truth : if you are successful at trading, don't waste any penny and trade to compound. Because this is not gambling, but repeatable process. Period.

CM

#12     Jan 31, 2018
    Joe6Pack, d08 and Scataphagos like this.
  3. Visaria

Visaria

You have to define 'rich'. What is rich to one person is not the same for another.

You may also want to ask whether you want to become rich in the first place.

#13     Jan 31, 2018
    Overnight and volente_00 like this.
  4. Not impossible, but difficult.

You're likely starting with a small amount of money... which you need to compound at a significant rate over significant time. If able to do that and your account gets large enough that you can make a significant amount of money in one year, then getting wealthy can be in your sights.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    #14     Jan 31, 2018
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Rich = Being unconditionally happy with the hand given to you at every moment in life. Everything else is just noise papa and death is the only one that teaches the above. Unfortunately that lesson is learnt at that moment for the majority of us. Peace.

#15     Jan 31, 2018
    SimpleMeLike, Jeffro72 and speedo like this.
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Happy means an emotional state. Research shows the main drivers of being happy are sex, sleep and food (not necessarily in that order).

Rich alludes to material wealth and is obviously what the OP is referring to.

#16     Jan 31, 2018
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

seriously?

its a kindergarten age type of question

i am surprised how many those type of questions appears here...

to me it shows the level of the wannabes...

do not trade guys , do not trade,

just grow up first

#17     Jan 31, 2018
    rb7, Visaria and speedo like this.
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

That's how I define Rich.

#18     Jan 31, 2018
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Ahhh...ok. I meant amount of money.

#19     Jan 31, 2018