Is it possible for my employer to find my personal futures account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChiTradeG, Jun 8, 2009.

1. It depends on the precise wording of the agreement. For example, some futures brokers claim their employees don't trade futures so there is no conflict of interest. But Rydex & the others are leveraged, but are not futures.

#51     Jun 9, 2009
  2. brokerage accounts do not appear on credit reports. i dunno where you go this idea from?

i've been running my credit report for 15 years, and thoughout that time i've had multiple brokerage accounts and NONE has ever shown up.

and if you have a cash account at a brokerage, there is no reason whatsoever for the account to appear on a credit report since they aren't extending you credit

#52     Jun 11, 2009
  3. MTRIG

MTRIG

A prior posted mentioned ETFs... iPath has all the futures based ETFs you would ever want....

http://www.ipathetn.com/product-information.jsp

Track iPath ETF - Daily, Weeky, Monthly performance here
    http://www.mtrig.com/MarketView.aspx

[​IMG]

#53     Jun 11, 2009
  4. #54     Jun 12, 2009
  5. drcha

drcha

I work for a company that services biotechs. We are not allowed to own stock in our clients. One client, who claims their stock price was manipulated, has asked the SEC to investigate. We have been informed, by my company, that, at SEC's request, my company has given the names, addresses and social security numbers of all employees to the SEC. All the SEC has to do is cross check with the IRS, and they will know what kinds of accounts we have. I'm fairly certain no one at my company is violating the rules. Perhaps the SEC is just putting on a show and is not even doing anything. But it's something for you to contemplate.

#55     Jun 13, 2009
  6. jay21

jay21

I understand your urges deep inside for trading.

Here is a solution for you.

You can always trade a DEMO account. Trade with it, make your strategy perfect, write an automation, whatever.

By the time you are ready, quit your job. Then do a real trade using your perfect strategy to support your living.

This way you wont jeopardize your job while learning to be the 15% successful futures trader.

#56     May 24, 2011