Is it possible for my employer to find my personal futures account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChiTradeG, Jun 8, 2009.

1. gangof4

gangof4

and i'm quite sure you'd speak to me like that in person. internet bravery= IRL pussy.

speaking of which, keep an eye out for a new thread that will give you a chance to show how great you are and humiliate me in the process. of course, i'm 99.999% sure that you won't be man enough to answer the call.

#41     Jun 9, 2009
  2. sjfan

sjfan

Wow... you know, while I might not have agreed with a lot of your posts, I have always thought you were reasonably intelligent. This post shows how immature you actually are... very disappointing

#42     Jun 9, 2009
  3. gangof4's performance summary:

Link

Link

Link

You want to stalk somebody and talk shit to them ... I can do that. The only thing you've proven to the Board gangof4 is that you'are an obnoxious, anger ridden trader with poor discipline, bad psychology and serious entitlement issues.

Later chump, you aren't worth anymore of my time.

#43     Jun 9, 2009
  4. Sorry you feel that way.

I don't agree.

gangof4 talks shit to me, I talk shit back to him ... very simple. At least theere's some truth backing up what I have to say. :cool:

#44     Jun 9, 2009
  5. yawn ... tell it to your psychiatirst after he finishes proscribing your daily meds. :D :D :D

LOL, I don't need to humilate you on your "new thread" - someone still doesn't get it :eek: ... you do enough of that for me already!

#45     Jun 9, 2009
  6. OttoMann

OttoMann

I've worked for the same employer for seven years. Last month I got a threatening email from our compliance area. They cc'd my boss, several compliance people, and the chief compliance officer. They informed me that I had an account at an unauthorized broker (we have a list we can use) and the account had to moved immediately and I had to provide statements for all transactions since inception. I told them the account was a mutual fund account that I set up 10 years ago for my God-daughter and I haven't made a trade since and it has less than $1000 in it. Once they realized it was a mutual fund only account, I was able to keep it where it was and I was told to disregard the email.

However, I was shocked that they were even able to locate this account. It is not even reported under my ssn. If your company wants to find the account, they will. I do not know how they found it, but they did.

#46     Jun 9, 2009
  7. GTS

GTS

No disagreement that they have the right to submit info to credit bureaus - just that I've never seen any reference to any brokerage accounts in my credit reports over the years.

So the idea that someone can pull my credit report (as it stands today) and see what brokerages accounts I have is not correct.

#47     Jun 9, 2009
  8. Yea, pretty obvious in this thread who has never actually worked in finance.
    Compliance job is to find this stuff out. Its both to protect the firm and the firm obviously is not going to want you doing business with the competition.
    If you OP values his job, he should talk with compliance and see what his options are.
    If your not interested in becoming a professional trader, doesn't make much sense to risk your career on something that very likely won't work out anyway.

#48     Jun 9, 2009
  9. maxpi

maxpi

yeah, we can all really break the birth-school-work-debt-death cycle with that kind of thinking.

To the OP: Get an IB account, get Ninjatrader for free, set it up to do market replay. In your spare time trade the futures on a simulator. It might take months or years but eventually you won't have to worry about the "90% fail" insanity..

Do 90% fail that put in a few years of learning? Hell no.. that would be unbelievable.. a lot fail because they lose too much money before they really learn to trade probably...

#49     Jun 9, 2009
  10. +1 :)

#50     Jun 9, 2009