Is it possible for my employer to find my personal futures account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChiTradeG, Jun 8, 2009.

1. nice try. see the movie wall st (final scenes) :D
    play by the book

#31     Jun 9, 2009
  2. Better hope they never see your tax returns.

#32     Jun 9, 2009
  3. gangof4

gangof4

yeah, they'll 'most likely bring charges.... jail'. jesus you're an idiot. having spent 20 years in the industry, holding a 24, 65 and many others, i can say with much confidence that you're talking out your ass.

he's not talking inside info, he's talking opening a stupid acct. per all contracts i signed, you also agree to have no other paid work either. sell some stuff on the side on ebay, and you've violated that too.

i'm not saying he should do it (i would, if it's simply to trade), but nearly everyone i know has an acct outside of their firm- criminals due to serve hard time per you. lol. again, not inside info, it's just an acct to trade and you get sick of clearing everything but taking a piss thru the compliance officer. the SEC rule exists for a reason (inside trading) and firms must enforce it. the chances of your firm finding out are VERY remote. if they do though, they pretty much have to fire you-. the really bad there is it will be on your U4 as fired for cause- that would make it VERY hard to get another job in the industry. again, there would have to be a pretty good reason for them to be looking to ever find out, but you can never say never about anything.

you really are a piece of work. i've yet to see you post anything where you're not an expert in your own mind- and wrong to boot. and, yes, other people quoting your nonsense made me un-ignore you to see how stupid your post was. frankly, you outdid yourself this time...

#33     Jun 9, 2009
  4. Ah, looks like I have a resident stalker on ET. :eek:

The first time I encountered this clown he was whining and complaining about losing money while trading during the last 15 minutes of the trading session and being caught with an after-session hold which was currently moving against him (in fact, if you read his posts, he's ALWAYS whining and complaining about losing money). :p

I told him it was his fault.
    (Link is not worth finding)

The next time I encountered this character he was posting in the PnL Thread, losting tens of thousands of dollars everyday and austinp read him the fucking riot act ... it was one the all-time best posts on ET that I've ever seen.

austinp told him it was his fault.
    Link

The third time .... you guys get the message. He's (literally) a LOSER with a beef ... against Interactive Brokers, against the Market, against Me, against the World, LOL :D :D :D

Interestingly enought, I don't stalk him ... because I know his posts aren't really worth-a-shit, but he loves to follow me around ET making color commentary ... which shows what a poor, deluded ignoramums he really is!

To the OP, if you listend to what gangof4 says, you might find yourself sitting on the wrong side of a jury selection pool. :eek:

Unfortunately for the people involved, I'm speaking from experience, not conjecture. But nobody cared about them, gangof4 hasn't realized yet that the market doesn't care about him, and if you break the Law, no one will care about you. :cool:

#34     Jun 9, 2009
  5. adowy

adowy

Years ago after I had left a large member firm to trade on my own, I mentioned to my former colleagues the difference in what I currently paid in commissions versus what I had formerly paid "with no payout to the broker"
    A gentlemen, so taken with the price differential, immediately tried to open an "outside" account, lying about his emplyment.
    Later, I found out that the prospective brokerage firm had phoned him at work to politely inform him or "errors and omissions" in his account application and "sorry, but regulatory rules (NFA, CBOT, etc) did not allow them to process the account."
    To cover their own backside, a brokerage firm will run a background check.

#35     Jun 9, 2009
  6. You most likely gave your employer the right to do a background check when you got hired, so they'll simply get your credit report. That will list any brokerage account you have. Likewise, your broker will report your account to the credit agencies.

Unless you are counting on your employer not checking, you should not trade.

Edit: you could always try to be honest and ask! Tell them you you want to be able to hedge/protect your IRA so you need the ability to trade futures

#36     Jun 9, 2009
  7. gangof4

gangof4

predictable as ever. post an attack that has nothing to do with the subject matter. in contrast, i addressed the idiocy of your post by quoting what was wrong with it and addressing it. reread my post and you'll see (if you can comprehend even a little bit) that i addressed both the pros and cons- without making shit up like you did.

only a testicularly challenged worm such as yourself would attack anyone based upon their P&L posts. spoken by someone who has never had, and will never have, the stones to post in the P&L thread. you try to position yourself as a trading god and spend an enormous amt of time doing so, mr. ridiculous post count. odd that you wouldn't want to really show how you dominate the markets day in and day out.

every dollar i have was made in the market. yeah, i've had some huge losses. i'd guess that i've probably lost more money in since october than you've ever made. not something i'm happy about (the loses), just a reflection of the net worth i've accumulated from the market.

#37     Jun 9, 2009
  8. GTS

GTS

Your brokerage accounts show up on your credit report?

I'm looking at a credit report I pulled last month. No IB, MBTrading, TDAmeritrade listed and yet I have accounts with all of them.

#38     Jun 9, 2009
  9. STFU!

LOSER :p

Go troll someone else's thread ... or start a thread complaing about IB, complaining about how you were cheated while the market went against your postion, complaining about how you need another broker to trade well ... complaining, complaining, complaining

Here's what's posted on your forehead every time you turn your computer on and start trading.

L

For LOSER!!!!! :D :D :D

#39     Jun 9, 2009
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Private Policy Summary:
    We collect personal and financial information to open your account, to process your securities transactions, to administer your account, to verify your identity, employment, creditworthiness, and to carry out your request for other products and services. The following categories are examples of personal nonpublic information will be requested from you: (1) name, (2) date of birth, (3) securities trading history, (4) total assets, (5) social security number, (6) cash balance, (7) margin information, and (8) securities positions. We have implemented procedures to protect your nonpublic personal and financial information.

MB Trading does not sell, share, or disclose your nonpublic information to nonaffiliated third parties unless permitted or otherwise required by law. We do share such information with affiliates to facilitate your requests or instructions. Examples of "permitted by law" include our clearing firm (which clears and settles your securities transactions) and credit bureaus. "Required by law" examples include court orders and regulatory investigations.

#40     Jun 9, 2009